Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

Re: Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's

Random brainfart question, how many of the Kettenkraftrad/Harrow combo pieces do we need? Four, right?

Four. But does anyone know what kit the tank tracks that sit on the kettenkrad are? The four little ones. I have Cast ones but want to cast the originals onto the kettenkrad once I cut it down.

Sorry, no idea. The original K-rad pieces are cast, by the way, did you notice? Don't cut the K-rad bits down too far btw - the mandible versions only have the sump removed while the maintenance pit ones are more heavily trimmed.

Oh the mystery chassis rail on the outer port mandible is made up of three separate pieces. The very front is a separate part. It's a replacement dating back to before ESB.

Correction: the right-hand K-rad part in the maintenance pit is more heavily cut down. The left one isn't.

Also, the Bandai 1/24 Messer parts are cast into these too.

Edit: just scored a CB750 Racing. Hurts the wallet but gladdens the heart! :D

I'm on track for an all-styrene engine deck. If I manage that (and nobody finishes a better one before me) then I'll throw rubber on it.

Last edited:

Another correction: EIGHT!

The detail in the port rear maint pit is a cut-down copy of the inner jaw detail - with the 8-rad chassis and hull sides...and each of those has another two Kettenkraftrad engine halves.

So eight in total. Something's been bugging me about these for ages, I think it was that!

One of Guy C's incredible pics illustrates:

large-scale-millennium-falcon-kit-ids-img_0023.jpg-74929d1321460276

- Simon, note this pic also demonstrates the trimming of the pontoon bridge parts which we were discussing, and how they relate to the inner end of the mandible wall?

Yeah , they cast the whole plate for the Krad section and repeated it all over the ship. Some were cut down more that others and some had some extra greeblies but it would be good to complete the base plate and cast it as one. Ooh the cb750.... Is that the part I need for the chevy chasis? I notice they released the bike again bit not the racing version. As for the pontoon ibwas taking it from the bottom but in fact they used the middle section so we need to trim above and below the mid section.

Wow... the level of detail here is mind-blowing.

Awesome reference.

Thanks!!

(y)thumbsup

Also on that pic in front of the messer parts we have the 8rad side pieces. But next to them on both sides we have another piece which is different on both sides. It's covered in rivets. But in one side there is a hole in the middle. Any idea on these? Maybe a loco part?

One more thing. On the 8rad chasis on the flat part nearest the front just in front of the kubelwagon disc. There is another part I don't know. It's cast in on everything including the y-wing side panels etc. Looks like maybe another loco part. Anyone?

Hi there!

Simon, the CB750 part that rests over the Chevy chasis is from any cb750, but only the rasing model has two disk brakes that are used in other sections of the Falcon.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The parte resting on the opposit Chevy Chasis is from the Tamiya 1/25th Centurion Tank:

The Tank tracks on the kettenkrad part are from the Nichimo 1/35 King Tiger or Panzer, i'll check it out but they sure are from a Nichimo tank.http://imageshack.us

Also on that pic in front of the messer parts we have the 8rad side pieces. But next to them on both sides we have another piece which is different on both sides. It's covered in rivets. But in one side there is a hole in the middle. Any idea on these? Maybe a loco part?

It's not loco - the original part is yellow/tan; one or other of the armour kits IIRC. Italian? Have to check refs tonight.

I was just out and about trying to find one literally seconds ago. Swine! :D

PS 25-pdr for the tan bits, mate.

Last edited:

Off the gun.

Hey, those track links are tiny. Are they cut off pieces of styrene 'spare' links from one of the panzers? Need one of the Nichimo panzers for this jaw panel too btw, and about three or four other kits. Go for just the mandible versions if you like - I'll do the whole thing?

Heard from John lately? Wanna ask him if we can borrow the Hummel - thought I'd cast up the vector flap master controller doodads or whatever they are, as a unit.

Also, you got the Mustang piece to go on your K-rad engine?

Last edited:

One more thing. On the 8rad chasis on the flat part nearest the front just in front of the kubelwagon disc. There is another part I don't know. It's cast in on everything including the y-wing side panels etc. Looks like maybe another loco part. Anyone?

Are you talking about the P-51 landing gear ?

Are you talking about the P-51 landing gear ?

Now I'm confused. Not the landing gear that sits in the channel. (which I have as the Hurricane). Julien the part that sits on the raised ledge next to the kubelwagon disc.
8b507bad.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks on the Nichimo tanks by the way.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back