11th Doctor blue bowties / series 6 costume discussion

He certainly wears the normal suspenders on other days.
matt-smith-and-ray-ban-3025-aviator-sunglasses-gallery.jpg
[/IMG]
EDIT: Although they don't match the bow-tie!

Here are the Burgundy suspenders i have. Along with one of my blue shirts that might work for cosplay, although it does have a chest pocket, rounded cuffs and a wide spread collar.

Last edited:
well the narrow suspenders seem to be well liked here. Does anyone know a good source for the narrow ones. I was about to purchase thru the Holdup website until I saw it catching local flack. :)

Scott

Yes, I just recently ordered my suspenders from Swagger & Swoon. The jury is still out on weather this are the exact ones the BBC purchased for the show - but they sure look like them and are THE choice for serious 11th Doctor Cosplayers.
I'm fixing to sell my 'close enough' narrow suspender set (burgundy and navy) once I get my new ones.

The main mod that should be done to the Swagger&Swoon braces would be to mod the X-back, from the metal ones, to the rectangular plastic ones seen in Closing Time. Unless of course you happened to be making a Series 5 braces set.

The main mod that should be done to the Swagger&Swoon braces would be to mod the X-back, from the metal ones, to the rectangular plastic ones seen in Closing Time. Unless of course you happened to be making a Series 5 braces set.

The mod won't be a big issue to tackle, the question is - is it worth it? Honestly, most of the time I will cosplay the jacket won't be coming off and when it does, I highly doubt anyone would call me out on the slider - even at one of the big Who-centered cons.
That being said, I am satisfied with pretty much everything in my ensemble however I would still love to get my hands on whatever fabric they used for the burgundy and blue bowties in S6.

Thank you ! That is wonderful info. Granted, I have to shop overseas to get it but it looks like as close as I would ever find.

Hey All,

I have been reading this thread with much enthusiasm. I thought I would cast my two-cents in to the discussion.

First I wanted to see what you guys thought of my "Denim" bow tie. I personally don't think the one on screen is denim, just a textured silk. This bow tie is silk with etching to it. Bark?
IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

The other tie that I see is talked a lot about here is the Clappers tie from eBay. I have actually taken mine apart because I wanted to turn it into a free-style bow tie.
IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0888.jpg

When I ordered it it came with a cummerbund of the same material. As you can see the Clappers material is closest to Colombo's Red2, although its constructed with the stripes vertical. I think there is enough material in the cummerbund to make a new screen accurate Red2.

This the the bow components, i would have to make one similar to reuse the fabric in the correct orientation.
IMG_0890.jpg

Thoughts?

Last edited:
It would be great, it might need to be made a little bit smaller though

Yes, that's partial the reason I took it apart in the first place. I thought it looked too wide. Now I am not too sure. It measures the same as some of my other bow ties.

swright007 up for what?

I am also leaning towards getting a burgundy cotton blend pre-tied for Red1.

Which of the Reds do you think is the most sought after? Lots of talk about Red3 on the Neckties! thread. I don't know if they have seen Colombo's analysis here however.

sorry, I didn't mean to be unclear. I meant picking up the clappers bowtie for the color. I don't think I have seen anything closer. Yes, the pattern might be off but if you are looking that close at the tie you are missing the rest of my outfit.

If you can use the cumberbund for an extra tie with the pattern going the right way, I would love to see pics when you are done.

Scott

I think I'll give it a try. There isn't enough fabric to fit the whole pattern so I will have to make two ends like a pre-tied one then make a separate band to connect the two parts.

When I ordered it I asked them to ship it in the smallest package, it saved on shipping in the end.

Good luck

7&10

I've been tweaking the dye color on my Marcella bow tie since I got it in the mail. Still needs to get darker so once I get it to where I feel I can be happy with it, I will post some pics.

Back