looking for help with a punisher costume

The fobus holster at gearzone should work, just make sure to get the 'belt' and not the paddle. They make no mention which belt size its fits however & you used to be able to buy a separate fobus holster base for up to 2 1/4 inch belts for around 10-12 bucks. So I'ed assume the fobus is the standard 1 3/4 size belt loops also unless you can get the website to confirm loops size.

*here's a link to the 2 1/4 belt bases*

Last edited:
Guys,

I don't know if this helps, but I'm at a lot of the same shows as propstore, so I'm forever drooling over the costume.
I've had a good look at the trousers and there's something I may be able to add.

These are definately not off the shelf - when you get up close (and trust me, I have!) they are in several peices.
While the knee is padded, it has many lines of vertical stitching in it.
However, the strip obove and below the knee is actually a black mesh, to let in air (I assume) due to the heat (again a guess). The mesh is actually quite thin and flexible.

Next - below the knee - this almost looks like just a strip around the leg.
(still havent quite worked it out yet)

On the sides of the trousers is what looks like an extra layer of material which starts from about the front middle of the leg at the top to the side seam as it goes down the leg. (both front and back)

I have no idea with materials, but if you get close to the material, you see a criss-cross pattern - I don't know if this makes sense.

It looks to me like a heavily modified pair of BDU's with the pockets taken off and then some added back on after the side piece.

Also, the buckles (both belt and thigh holster) are metal, made to look tarnished.

Hope this is of use

Ah - I will say that for letting me look closely, I promised I wouldn't post pictures up (which is lucky, as all my photo's came out really bad due to having the wrong setting on my camera, which I'm gutted about!)

As for the pistols I bought 4 cheap springers and pretty much hacked them to make them as close as possible - If I can dig out the pics I'll post up and you can give me tips on finishing!

Lastly, for any UK punishers out there, I actually found a pair of trousers very close in sainsburies - I've just bought 2 pairs - one to hack up to mod the first. Again, if it works, I'll post them up.

Jon

I've always thought that it was a mesh insert. I sure do miss going to comic cons in the UK. I went to the London Film and Comic Con last year and they had a bunch of serenity costumes that were really cool to see up close. They also had an original superman costume and then of course a bunch of random/awesome stuff. I wishh that I could make it out there this year...

I found a real good alternative to buying plastic tactical side release buckles and webbing...

i just bought this because it's the closest thing i could find after days of searching on line.... www.strapworks.com

goto this page for a picture of the buckle i bought. It's a 2" strap side release in nickle

http://www.strapworks.com/PhotoDetails.asp?ShowDESC=N&ProductCode=MSRB

I also bought a 2" black heavyduty polypropylene here

http://www.strapworks.com/Heavyweight_Polypropylene_p/hwp2.htm

with USPS priority i paid only $12 for it..not a bad deal and darn close to the weapon belt he wore in the movie

as far as the back holster...does he wear it in the small of his back or was it on a chest strap that crossed across his chest and was located in the middle of his back? i thought i had seen it both ways in the comics

Last edited:
I got in my Redwolf order, I was able to disassemble & throw together the 1st chang over. Here's pics. I'll do the 2nd one this weekend and post pictures of the process. There are quite a few small bits to keep track of and make sure they don't go bouncing to the floor (springs & 1 ball bearing). The main thing is going to be getting the orange paint off... lacquer thinner isn't touching it really. Its seems more of a plasticy type paint almost like an orange plastidip. This pistol has the Colt grips transfered from the black HPA model. Redwolf sent me the black pistol with brown grips & I didn't just want to paint them & I had the HPA's from ShortyUSA too so.. figured why not.. they got the Colt logo on them.

punisherairsoftpistol.jpg

dude those came out sweet...is part of the black plastic...i bought one kwc in silver but i think i have the wrong black one...its a uhc heavy weight...

u3368dip%20011x115.jpg
heres my vest with the padding on the shoulder and the place on the back to carry the small double barrel shotgun. I got the bow, karambit knife, pants, shirt, belt,boots, holster, still need the back one, and the M4 with grenade launcher. enjoy, Chuck. oh I still need to take a photo of me in costume, will try over the weekend.:thumbsup

I have a bushmaster ar-15 a3 carbine with an m4 barrel, I always thought it would be sort of cool to put on an m203 launcher. You can buy them on gunbroker.com for 37mm "flares". Anyway, your get-up is looking good.

hey wolverine...what was the basis for that vest...did you say already? as far as the pistols, i was thinking the same as you...painting my silver ones black after masking off the chrome areas.. i think that amy be the easiest way to do it

quick question for anyone who has taken apart the kwc...when i was doing it a small spring with a small bullet typ pin attached fell out..anyone know where that goes? lol I thinking maybe the magazine release?

so here is the funny thing...i couldnt figure out where that pin with the sping went, and i ended up with two extra metal pins and that black plastic piece with the square hole...i always end up with more stuff after taking things apart and putting them back together..however after it was all assembled and missing those four pieces...all the mechanisms still work and the thing still fires the bb's...so im at a loss..lol

here a couple shots of the converted kwc...It came out decent enough that i ordered the second one with a shoulder holster...I'll probably go with the shoulder holster, drop thigh holster and the m 16

normal_colt45.jpg

normal_45.jpg

Last edited:
Regarding pants, 5.11 makes the best of the tactical pants, however there are other brands that are very similar such as Woolrich Elite, and the SigTac line. Brigade QM carries pants that are similar and have the dual leg pockets that people seem to be looking for...

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back