SpideyPlanet Spider-Man Costume

Hi Guys,
Just thought I'd share with you my latest work!

SPIDERMAN COSTUME REPLICA! Original Suit - YouTube
ChristmasSuit.jpg

ChristmasSuit2.jpg

ChristmasSuit3.jpg

Yuri

Last edited:
More coming soon!
Here are pictures of the webs that are on this suit. Before I had the webs molded in black and I painted the tops silver. I had a lot of trouble with the paint coming off. So I decided to mold the webs all silver. This was a great step in durability, smoothness and quality of the entire suit. But the sides of the webs are supposed to be darker, so there’s a 3D effect.

oldwebs1.JPG

oldwebs2.JPG

oldwebs3.JPG

The best way to paint the sides black is by using a permanent marker, which takes about 10 hours per web (which is much better than the 20+ hours it took to paint the black webs). But the ink kept staining, so I couldn’t use the webs on the suit. Only until now, cause I found out that the dish washer is the miracle machine I was looking for.
After the webs are marked, I put the entire web into the dish washer and it removes the top layer of ink. What remains is a beautiful, not too dark, matte black layer that is totally un-eraseable.
Only look me about 8 years, but it was worth the wait :) Check it out!!

newwebs1.JPG

newwebs2.JPG

newwebs3.JPG

newwebs4.JPG

newwebs5.JPG

newwebs6.JPG

newwebs7.JPG

newwebs8.JPG

newwebs9.JPG

newwebs10.JPG

newwebs11.JPG

newwebs12.JPG

Last edited:
What if you put masking tape on entire top flat surface of the webs, flip them upside down and airbrush the sides using FW inks, it would be pretty fast as you cover the entire web with masking tape and the sides to be painted would be exposed, using the airbrush you aim as most as possible at the sides so you don't get much paint on the underside were it needs to be glued to the suit, I painted a full urethane Captain America helmet using FW inks, it adheres very good and doesn't flake off or crack, might be worth a try as you would save a bunch of time.

Gerardo

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

GF,
I have done several tests with spray paint, without any results so far, but your FW inks sound promising. Of course I’d be willing to try anything to save me 10 hours per suit, but the task is a real tricky one.
The webs stretch over 6 times their own length, which makes is very unlikely to find paint that stretches along all the way. Ink on the other hand soaks into the urethane, therefore doing the job much better. But I worry spraying won’t make the ink soak into the urethane as much as when you ‘press’ it on with a marker.
Spraying tests so far did not give the perfect finish as the marking does. If the spray drips, the drop falls and dries up at the top of the webs, so you must be real careful not to spray too much and keep distance. This makes it very hard to avoid the spray to cover the back of the webs.
But any of this can be solved, once the right spray ink is found. I must say I have no idea what kind of urethane it is. I have always had the molding done by a professional. It’s not cheap, but it’s the only way to guarantee top quality. He’s the one that found this material years ago and has used it ever since.

Can you tell me where to get some of these FW inks?

Here’s what I found a while ago. But this kind of urethane can’t be compared to mine, as this stretches like 2 times max. And I demand it's 100% un-eraseable no matter how many hands you shake or times you wash the suit.
How to Airbrush on rubber for special effects and props « Props & SFX

ok so reading all that really makes me wonder what will i use to paint the top of my black urethane webbing in silver !!!!!! would using a permanent silver marker for the top and wash it down as spidey planet did with is black marker on the side would work ??? or what would be the most flexible and strongest paint to use on urethane ??? i i follow the rules of silicone wich is only silicone sticks to silicone would the best be to tint some urethane rubber in black and paint that over the webbing ?

Last edited:
depends what kit you get or have, Spideyplanet mentions that he now molds his webs in silver so you just paint the sides black or can leave it as is, I prefer liver molded webs so no worries of paint peeling or cracking.

Gerardo

dont know who made the webbing but they are black so ill need to paint the top silver !!! bought the complete suit kit from fettster.it includes the sony print suit all sewn up and all the urethane webing

depends what kit you get or have, Spideyplanet mentions that he now molds his webs in silver so you just paint the sides black or can leave it as is, I prefer liver molded webs so no worries of paint peeling or cracking.

Gerardo

ok so reading all that really makes me wonder what will i use to paint the top of my black urethane webbing in silver !!!!!! would using a permanent silver marker for the top and wash it down as spidey planet did with is black marker on the side would work ??? or what would be the most flexible and strongest paint to use on urethane ??? i i follow the rules of silicone wich is only silicone sticks to silicone would the best be to tint some urethane rubber in black and paint that over the webbing ?

If you have black webs they are likely to come from me. If you show me some pictures of them, I can tell and I can send you some of the paint I've been using for years.

The metallic paint marker does not work, as it's acrylic based. It does not hold on urethane like the alcohol based permanent marker does.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back