Art Asylum / Diamond Select TOS Phaser build with metal parts.

I don't think USSCassiopeia makes them anymore, but scifiprops has them still available and they are very good quality parts. Here is a direct link to their parts site federationphaser .

USSCassiopeia was out of the scene for a while but now he's back. He's in the middle of straightening some things out over at the Trek Prop Zone, but I think he'll be able to provide parts again soon. You may want to send mail through his site and he can let you know when he's fully ready again.

USSCassiopeia was out of the scene for a while but now he's back. He's in the middle of straightening some things out over at the Trek Prop Zone, but I think he'll be able to provide parts again soon. You may want to send mail through his site and he can let you know when he's fully ready again.

Thanks for letting me know anyway. I already bought my parts at federationphaser . And very happy with their quality parts.:)

Last edited:
Harbinger speaks the truth - I'm making parts again.

I ran into a rough patch and got WAY behind on builds, but I'm in the process of finishing them up now. I need to make the parts anyway, so I'm making extras to sell.

There's even a possibility that I'll have metal rear fins available again, but the jury's still out on that.

People have asked if or when I'll be updating my site - it'll be SOON - because I'm taking new pics while I'm building these.

Chris when are you going to post some photos of your work?
Just finishing up some Galactica lasers, my test phaser is ongoing & kickin' my posterior. Had to get a 17/32 brass tube to cut the small rings missing from the left side dials. Tricky business.
I'm doing 12 phasers, 6 for me & 6 for any fans that like the finished product.
Pix next week!:thumbsup

Just finishing up some Galactica lasers, my test phaser is ongoing & kickin' my posterior. Had to get a 17/32 brass tube to cut the small rings missing from the left side dials. Tricky business.
I'm doing 12 phasers, 6 for me & 6 for any fans that like the finished product.
Pix next week!:thumbsup
That sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you.:eek I'm going to build a few more phasers myself. Need a few backups for a rainy day.:love
I look forward to seeing some pictures. Are they all going to be the same or different styles?

That sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you.:eek I'm going to build a few more phasers myself. Need a few backups for a rainy day.:love
I look forward to seeing some pictures. Are they all going to be the same or different styles?
They're all gonna be standard dark bronze/charcoal metallic handle types. An older 13th one I have I haven't decided on yet. I might make that Mantrap style just to have a retro.:love
Oh, and my first Galactica laser is for sale on Ebay- take a look at the pix:
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
I don't have so many of these, the kits are SO expensive. Just one for me.

They're all gonna be standard dark bronze/charcoal metallic handle types. An older 13th one I have I haven't decided on yet. I might make that Mantrap style just to have a retro.:love
Oh, and my first Galactica laser is for sale on Ebay- take a look at the pix:
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
I don't have so many of these, the kits are SO expensive. Just one for me.
Looks nice and you already have a bid!:thumbsup I want to make another TOS phaser with the jewel in the center to have a variety of styles. Get some photos up when you can, I like to see your progress on them.

I want to make another TOS phaser with the jewel in the center to have a variety of styles.
All of mine will have the jewel (or whatever I end up using). Once I studied Private Little War pix I decided all my P1's should have them.

TOS2-private-pha2.jpg

Still deciding whether to round off the edges on the 'crispys'. :confused

This small box will kill me...

All of mine will have the jewel (or whatever I end up using). Once I studied Private Little War pix I decided all my P1's should have them.

TOS2-private-pha2.jpg

Still deciding whether to round off the edges on the 'crispys'. :confused

This small box will kill me...

I will use the square look for mine. Since they are available in the metal design for the AA phaser's now, it is a lot easier to buy one than to make a extra crispy that is glued on.

Last edited:
I will use the square look for mine. Since they are available in the metal design for the AA phaser's now, it is a lot easier to buy one than to make an the extra crispy that is glued on.
Funny, but I actually like the rounded look of it- I know the change came because of the getting-caught-in-the-tunics problem, but it has an interesting visual effect along side of all the angular parts...:cool

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back