Nerf Gun Props? YES!

Also are you guys filling the screw holes with Bondo or something else ?

I'm using Bondo. (Or whatever light body car filler that's available here in Australia. SCA is the one I use, from SuperCheapAuto. $10 a can, seems to be identical to Bondo.

But if a screw hole is pretty deep, then I fill it with plastic scraps first (i.e. tiny shards of scrap styrene) then give it a few drops of thin liquid cement. This effectively plugs most of the hole with plastic, so Bondo can fill the rest, and will dry quicker and (probably) more securely.

one of my first nerf works is very rough but i like the result

003.jpg

004.jpg

[OK, not nerf, but didn't want to create a new thread. Obligatory apology here for crap photo quality]

A Martian Ladies Blaster, found in wreckage off the Zanzibar coast during the early years of the Fatimid Caliphate. Believed to have been held (and used) by the royal family in Cairo.

Before...

RayGunBefore.jpg

After...

RayGunAftercopy.jpg

This is my first attempt at, well, anything. Mostly a repaint, with some bondo and green putty, and a lot of filing and sanding. Not overly happy with the finish, but there's always next time...

Both are really nice, guys! I like the custom work on both of 'em. I can tell you put a lot of work into them and it shows nicely

Hm.. I could have sworn that I'd posted here but the thread disagrees and my memory CAN be a bit faulty.
A friend of mine from work contacted me before Halloween. He was doing a Steampunk costume (well, he and his girlfriend were both doing steampunk).
He wanted help with a weapon for each of them. He'd bought a break-action nerf style shotgun for her and I volunteered a spare nerf Maverick that I had.
I don't know much about steampunk so be gentle.. also, I had a SMALL window of time to complete these but I did the best I could.
And yes, they both still fire.
P1120721.jpg

P1120722.jpg

P1120723.jpg

P1120724.jpg

And the Maverick
P1120664.jpg

P1120665.jpg

P1120666.jpg

P1120667.jpg

P1120669.jpg

I actually wrapped the handle in black leather but somehow don't have a picture of that. :unsure
There was something cool I did with it (I know I'm not anywhere NEAR the first to do it) but my only pictures of it are early progress pics. I modded it so the cylinder can swing all the way out.
P1120632.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, didn't realize the forum was hacked so I posted yesterday under the old url...

Hi folks,

finally found the link to this forum again after some computer problems.

Since my last (and first) post showing you my Mad Max-style Maverick I have finished two more guns I would like to show you:

First is a steampunk NiteFinder EX-3 I did for a little contest on a german NERF forum.

To create the steampunk look I aimed for I did some physical modifications by building two small pressure tanks in place of the original dart holder. The NERF logos at the top of the gun were covered with 2 small LEGO satellite dishes, creating the main combustion chamber of the gun. Finally I bend some 6mm polystyrol rod to create the pipes running from the small pressure tanks to the combustion chamber.

The rest is painting - I tried to achieve a look of some root wood on the handle but it didn't turn out the way I wanted. Anyways, it looks not too bad. The main parts of the gun I painted bronze and then "engraved" some areas by painting thin black lines in various arcs onto the bronze. Thin silver reflection lines completed the engraving.

MuBWII-006_01.jpg

MuBWII-006_02.jpg

The second gun is a sawed-off BuzzBee Double Shot (aka Boomstick ). As with my Maverick I aimed for a weathered look, with rust on the metal parts. To achieve the boomstick look I cut off the barrels and the stock, removing the big, bulging end. I then resculpted the handle using milliput and inserted a small brass tube through which the strings to load the gun now run. I am still thinking about a final way to fit these strings with the overall look, right now I just let them hang there.

doubleshot_boomstick_01.jpg

doubleshot_boomstick_02.jpg

doubleshot_boomstick_03.jpg

doubleshot_boomstick_04.jpg

doubleshot_boomstick_05.jpg

doubleshot_boomstick_06.jpg

Hope you like my latest dartblaster paintjobs.

Vulture

AAAArrrgh, sorry for last. Just shows the importance of reading the whole post before replying. Very nice painting, really thought it the lines were engraved.

All right, here's some that's jus a out finished, minus the decals, but I had a sunny day so I had to get a few photos taken before they get wrapped up to ship. I also found some squirt guns a few days ago, so I felt the urge to try one out - let me know what you think of it (it's not quite finished, but you'll get the idea, hehe)

Squirt Punk
c2ec547e.jpg

A Nerf Scout for my son's 8th birthday :)
6bc76456.jpg

Outdoor shots of the Battle rifle and steampunk sniper rifle.
3cd89e33.jpg

eea097e5.jpg

c0032ced.jpg

cba8ca73.jpg

Almost done with this thing..
5eb58278.jpg

And a steampunk crossbow minu
b4d2691a.jpg

AAAArrrgh, sorry for last. Just shows the importance of reading the whole post before replying. Very nice painting, really thought it the lines were engraved.

Never mind, thanks a lot anyways. :D

If you have any questions about how I painted a certain part of any of my guns - feel free to ask, I am always happy to explain things and help people with their work. :)

Vulture

Wow, Haven't logged on in quite the while. Well I am starting to paint again but ran into a problem, My primer started to crack in some areas may take pictures, Any suggestions?

Hm... not entirely sure but did you sand down all surfaces you applied the primer to and cleaned them thoroughly afterwards? From what you describe I would guess the surface wasn't clean in that places, maybe some sweat from your fingers...

Or you sprayed under bad conditions - to cold, to humid, can not shaked enough...

Vulture

Hm... not entirely sure but did you sand down all surfaces you applied the primer to and cleaned them thoroughly afterwards? From what you describe I would guess the surface wasn't clean in that places, maybe some sweat from your fingers...

Or you sprayed under bad conditions - to cold, to humid, can not shaked enough...

Vulture

Probably sweat. Should i remove the primer and start anew?

I would do so - sand down the primer in the critical area, clean again and then re-prime. Otherwise you might risk your paintjob to come off it that areas.
When handling the pieces wear some one-way latex gloves to prevent sweat from getting on the already primed areas.

Vulture

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back