Cave Scene - Tom tries to make a circuit

This is really great! I've been using this thread as a starting point to attempt the same goal! So does that board fit into the control box or is it too large still?

I drew this up in photoshop a few years ago and essentially have been working with this. The orientation of the parts, and the ways I decided to run the wires has changed, but the connections are the same.
IMG_1981.jpeg

And here is what it looks like today. I used some styrene to wedge the board in place, and to block the light from leaking into the other triangle. Also to block the toggle switch from moving.

IMG_2276.jpeg
IMG_2275.jpeg
IMG_2274.jpeg
IMG_2273.jpeg
IMG_2272.jpeg

I do need the rails next, and honestly remember the way I did this is so the battery is removable. You could just wad tons of glue in there lol

Okay folks, here is where I stand now.
1) I had to use a hard tack glue, E6000, to stabilize the swivel head of the tool. I also had to drill the nozzle hole deeper for my little piece of lathed steel to give it a deeper root. Also glue.

2) it’s a little tricky to trigger the switch still. I think I need to carve a little more away because what’s revealed is still under the lever not over it.

3)Some red light still leaks
I wonder if this is why

image.jpg

4) I also hot-knifed a groove in the switch to mimic the Exactra switch and this literally helps push the switch back and forth without pushing against the broad side

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back