Dating a Parks Saber (Arc-Wave, ~2004?)

Kazy

I (meaning my parents) bought this Arc-Wave in I think 2004-2005, but honestly I have no idea. It has a momentary switch and bubble stuff over the LEDs instead of the advertised touch-sensitive button, which I later put a 3D printed thing over to make it easier to push. Eats batteries like the dickens. I think the board might have a design flaw that drains batteries even when it's off.

Does anyone know exactly when this is from? I feel like the switch is a hack job for when they ran out of the other kind, as without my little 3D printed button extender it's a PITA to push.

Attachments

• 2015-10-26 11.41.35.jpg
    2015-10-26 11.41.35.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 51
  • 2024-05-10 10.09.55.mp4
    19.5 MB
That one has the touch sensor though. I haven't seen any others like mine.

It probably wasn’t much before that. I think I bought one of his touch sensor hilts at the 2003 SD Comic Con and i think that was around the first time he started using them. In 2000, parks was still using the push button style switch (the type you have to hold down to keep the blade lit). They were tall and narrow switches and used on his hilts including the 2000 Mara Jade hilt he made for the CCG.

It probably wasn’t much before that. I think I bought one of his touch sensor hilts at the 2003 SD Comic Con and i think that was around the first time he started using them. In 2000, parks was still using the push button style switch (the type you have to hold down to keep the blade lit). They were tall and narrow switches and used on his hilts including the 2000 Mara Jade hilt he made for the CCG.
This was post the touch sensor. I remember seeing the touch on the website and being slightly disappointed that I got a temporary button one.

The button is a momentary switch, but it toggles the blade off and on. It's newer than the touch sensors but did not have it.

In 2003, the only momentary switch I remember him using was the black ones that were a little smaller than the diameter of a Skittle. So maybe you estimate of 2004 or 2005 is pretty good.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back