MR UK Exclusive Stormtrooper Helmet - £49.99 inc (22/4/08)

Re: MR UK Exclusive Stormtrooper Helmet

Anybody plan on doing any other mods to theirs? The only thing that really stands out to me is how thick the ears are. Any ideas for that?

i went to shop in Rome and i bought one for 99€

what i like very much is the size, the right size finally.

What i dislike are the issues already posted.

I would say the helmet how it would be if ANH was released nowdays.

below a comparison shots with an AP helmet (latest ver.); no need to say who is who..

Last edited:

Anyone know if the ears are separate pieces? Think they could be removed and reworked?

I dunno about you guys, but I think it could look a bit better with the raised brow trim.

newtrim.jpg

Anyone know if the ears are separate pieces? Think they could be removed and reworked?
The ears are part of the faceplate, so no, they're not coming off without major surgery.

Somebody'll try it, though, and I hope they'll post the results. :cool

I dunno about you guys, but I think it could look a bit better with the raised brow trim.

newtrim.jpg

Not all helmets had the same one..the right helmet is the "stunt"..the left one the "Hero":

And here are the "Heros"from Han and Luke..diffrent again,like the "Hero"from the opening of ANH:

Last edited:

Not all helmets had the same one..the right helmet is the "stunt"..the left one the "Hero":

And here are the "Heros"from Han and Luke..diffrent again,like the "Hero"from the opening of ANH:

anyone, bubble lenses for this helmet?????

I'm having a hard time locating a suitable replacement set of lenses for this helmet. The dealers on E-bay only sell the lenses for F/X and AP buckets. That's all they'll guarantee them for. I've removed my lenses (rather nice little screw in job they did), and was going to tint them with limo tint due to them being too light. That is probably going to work, but getting the adhesive off of those lenses is difficult. However, I've got most of it off, cleaned up the lenses (in reality small thin plastic), and I've got them covered in limo tint from the inside. However, I think a trip to Hobby Lobby or Michaels tomorrow may land me a small sheet of material I can cut not lenses out of (hopefully, pretinted stuff) and then perhaps replace the current ones I've got. Does anyone know anyone/or a site that might do a custom run of lenses for this helmet?

Also, I've removed all the padding, taped the seams, and its about to get a nice coat of flat black to cut the inner glare of the lid. I've got the new padding cut and elevated my lid a slight bit due to the shortness of my neck and the bucket hitting my chest and back plate. The vision is slightly off, but it's workable for events and trooping.

I think I'm going to seal all the joints with silicone to ensure a good tight fit before painting. I've also ripped out the crepe paper and will be replacing with screen this week.

Other than all that, extremely pleased with this lid.

Movado:cool

very sweet... I would like one but, the shipping is quite expensive and I dont know if the postal service can be counted on not to nick the item. = (

Darth Movado,
Did you try anything to minimize the outside seam along the bottom of the mouth? I'm wondering if just a little bit of white caulk might do the trick.

Bowrider,
The helmet I ordered from toynk.com was very well packaged. It was actually double-boxed, which made it quite sturdy. And the helmet itself in the Master Replicas box is held in place by a molded plastic clamshell, so it has that for protection too.

I am very pleased with this helmet. I have been reading up on trooper helmets for years on this site. I am not a screen-accuracy nut (not that that's a bad thing), but I recognize that this helmet is not screen accurate, and I accept that. Even though it is symmetrical, it still somehow captures the ANH "look", unlike the FX, Rubies, Altmann, and Don Post helmets.

Yeah, KJ just got one in today at work... And despite some inaccuracies, it just looks/feels "right." Getting the feel of the thing is important, and they managed that here.

Darth Movado,
Did you try anything to minimize the outside seam along the bottom of the mouth? I'm wondering if just a little bit of white caulk might do the trick.

No, not yet. I'm thinking the same thing about that seam. It's rather large and gawky looking, and I don't like it. However, I'm hesitant to try and caulk or seal it with anything that will not match the ABS in color. If anyone has any ideas on that, please do tell.

Movado

I got mine from Toynk today, and even though I'm not as big a "trooper-head" as some of the folks on the board, I really like this helmet!
The seams mostly disappear if you're more than 5 or 6 feet away, and it has a terrific glossy finish. The paint details are really well done also. This will be a great display helmet that was well worth the price.

I got mine from Toynk today, and even though I'm not as big a "trooper-head" as some of the folks on the board, I really like this helmet!
The seams mostly disappear if you're more than 5 or 6 feet away, and it has a terrific glossy finish. The paint details are really well done also. This will be a great display helmet that was well worth the price.

Mine arrived last night and I love it!!!!!

No, not yet. I'm thinking the same thing about that seam. It's rather large and gawky looking, and I don't like it. However, I'm hesitant to try and caulk or seal it with anything that will not match the ABS in color. If anyone has any ideas on that, please do tell.

Movado

Some of the guys over at FISD have recommended white silicon sealant as a filler that won't need painting. I've seen pics and in the pics at least the match looks good. I plan on completely repainting mine with black inside and high-gloss white outside so I'm going to use body filler on the seam below the teeth and the circular one on the ears.

Man, how I'd like to replace those ears! They're the only parts that bug me.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back