Iron Man Mark VIII Build

Order66

The time has come for me to work on my first set of foam armor. After stumbling upon Stealth's tutorials over on Youtube, I just felt the urge to begin a new project. I have built armor before, but nothing like Iron Man. I have always been curious about the foam armor builds, so I'm giving it a try.

After looking at multiple tutorials and threads, I have decided on a specific way to do this.

What I plan to do is pretty simple: Assemble the pepakura templates with foam, glue it, sand some edges, seal with approx. 3 layers of gesso, sand a little again, then prime with duplicolor filler primer to smooth out any unwanted bits.

As far as color goes, I have a pretty decent idea on what shades I can get from duplicolor or krylon. I should have some pics of the raw fabrication up soon.

Should be interesting to see a Mark VIII build. You're even ahead of the movies! Haha just messing with you, I'm assuming you meant Mark VII.

Here are a few pics of the gauntlets, I have finished one bicep, but I don't have any pics yet.

543193_3889287161513_911796871_n.jpg

542488_3889288241540_1558981105_33217915_921844869_n.jpg

Lol, I read the title and said to myself, "Wait, there's a Mark VIII already? How did I not know about this!?" :lol

Gauntlets are looking nice so far, keep it up!

Imthinking after I finish my present ironman build I'm making from 20 guage steel I am going to have to make one of mark viii I managed to find very good images to work from. I'm not sure of the color scheme I might have to tweak it a bit too much gold. I saw a image someone rendered from those pictures that the main body colors were reversed looked much better.

I like the helmet design on the Mk VIII, but the colour scheme continues to niggle at me.

Build is looking good so far :D

Oh btw, if you want to change your thread title to read Mk VII, just go to 'Edit' on your initial post and change the title there and it will fix it up.

Back