Reference for the Original Derelict Spacecraft from Alien

RbbyRbt

Hello to all of you,

Does anyone have any reference drawings or blue prints of the original derelict spacecraft from Alien? A man named Julian Bloom created a fantastic scratchbuild featured in volume 22 of the Sci-fi and fantasy modeller magazine, I was so impressed and got to thinking this would be an awesome model to build, although not as big in scale as his. The article speaks how he was able to obtain original reference material for his project but there is not much I can find out there. Any help or pointing me in the right direction is appreciated.

The Book of Alien, is an invaluable source of information but I dont know of any dimensioned drawings.
good luck

Type : www. zen171398.zen.co.uk and you'll get the site where Dennis Lowe, Nick Allder and Michael Seymour (model-makers who worked on the original models/props) are discussing, showing (pics,videos, etc) their work on Alien. Enjoy, there's a lot to see and digest:cool

Hello to all of you,

Does anyone have any reference drawings or blue prints of the original derelict spacecraft from Alien? A man named Julian Bloom created a fantastic scratchbuild featured in volume 22 of the Sci-fi and fantasy modeller magazine, I was so impressed and got to thinking this would be an awesome model to build, although not as big in scale as his. The article speaks how he was able to obtain original reference material for his project but there is not much I can find out there. Any help or pointing me in the right direction is appreciated.

Please keep us updated if you found something! I want to build this one, too, but other than the photos I wasn't able to find something useful either. Good luck!

There is an absolutely awesome reference thread by Phil Rae (one of the people who worked on the models)
ALIEN HARDWARE - Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Sadly it doesn't have much on the derelict, but has amazing reference shots for the Narcissus, Nostromo and other props. Definitely worth going through for any Aliens fan

Here's the only pics Phil posted in that thread of the derelict
derelict.jpg

Here is a kit someone worked on that was mentioned in that thread
Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum - View Single Post - ALIEN HARDWARE

Back