****Recaster alert****

TC9948

I have previously posted here my v1 FOTK Armor for sale. It has come to my attention that "Mistervader" on the 501st has recated my armor. He is selling from Thialand his name is Wachilapat Intuputi.
Slide1_zpsppvh53nt.jpgI confirmed by his pics and my molds that he did indeed recast my kit.
His claim is that these are aluminum molds that were cnc'd. If they were cnc'd there would be much sharper lines on the chest indent.

Slide1_zpsppvh53nt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Fnarmour.com=recaster Peter O'Tool=RECASTER Wachilapat Intuputi =RECASTER
anyone working with or associated with these people are bad news.

There are a lot of post regarding recasters casting other peoples work. please dont bite my head off... but isnt that a risk that sellers take by putting their work out there to the general public.. its anoying and frustrating that it happens but can it be stopped? I want to do cast of my own work but there is always going to be someone to screw you over

sent from samsung

There are a lot of post regarding recasters casting other peoples work. please dont bite my head off... but isnt that a risk that sellers take by putting their work out there to the general public.. its anoying and frustrating that it happens but can it be stopped? I want to do cast of my own work but there is always going to be someone to screw you over

sent from samsung

it is the risk we take, but we also live by a code. and that code is respect each other, and dont steal one another's work. how many man hours did TC have in making this armor? only to have it ripped off in a matter of a weekend..

i have no respect for recasters... stealing is stealing no matter what it is

halliwax yes i understand your point and i agree with you but like i said.. it is a risk we all take by putting work out there some one some where down the line is going to recast your work and sell it thats the world we live in unfortunatley

sent from samsung

@halliwax yes i understand your point and i agree with you but like i said.. it is a risk we all take by putting work out there some one some where down the line is going to recast your work and sell it thats the world we live in unfortunatley

sent from samsung

yup very true, all we can really do is just expose the re casters and
make everyone aware.

the people who live by the code will avoid them..

it a sucky situation

Funny thing is ..... the accused person ( i hesitate to call someone recaster without definite proof) shows much more professional equipment and molds (more and much smaller holes to create the details), so i would atm. have much more confidence in his product, if it would be my money that was used to buy a armor set and wanting a "assumed" quality product (just from the pics, havn´t seen any of them in real).

First big question... Did you, and have proof of, selling him one of your complete armor kits prior to the introduction of their kit?

Next, how can you verify from those pics you posted, which look to my machinist-trained eye to be CNC'd billets of aluminum? Not to be rude or nothing, but unless he scanned your parts, I don't see how he "recast" your stuff. And when I compare them to the 3 pics you posted, I don't see it. Have a side-by-side perhaps with the similarities called out?

As for the sharper lines, that's not smoking gun proof. Too sharp a line on a vacuum buck and you run the risk of cutting the material as it's drawn down. There's also a softening of the corners because of how it's drawn down... if the molds were negatives (where the material gets drawn into instead of on top of), the lines would be way sharper.

Not defending anyone, just playing devils advocate is all.

Thanks for the link... seems to clear things up a bit more, and not in favor of OP.

Those cnc videos are something though... I love watching my CNC do it's thing and just can't get enough of machining videos... something about them... so soothing.

IIRC Peter OToole IS a recaster and fraudster but has not been mentioned around here for quite some time. I think I remember vaguely that there was some connection to Ernie Scheuer AND some shady businesd that went down in good ol Australia.

EDIT: I have to correct myself. There was a guy named BENTLEY Otool who was a known fraudster. Peter Otool / Peter Quigley has NO connection to that guy.

Last edited:
Maybe ....... but i´m always upset that recasters were punished here, and people who shout "recaster, stay away, lets hunt xyz down" are always going free - even if there is no proof at the end.

Recaster shouters should also be banned if their accusation is not true. They can completely destroy a guys reputation - in my books that is much more worse than some missed illegal cash due to being recast.

I don't agree with everything you say Lichtbringer.

Proven recasters SHOULD ALWAYS be punished. Period. If it's proven you recast, let the banhammer fly.

However, people who call out a recaster without undeniable proof that an item has in fact been recast, should also be held accountable. It's up to the mods to decide the punishment in that case because someone who may have been accused of doing something they didn't may have just been put out of business by essentially someone who doesn't want competition.

In this particular case, I don't see undeniable proof on OP's part. I see a call out back in March and then a day ago this came back up. The alleged recaster already posted on their FB page pics showing the differences between the two whereas OP has posted 3 pics that don't clearly show the similarities that he claims "I confirmed by his pics and my molds that he did indeed recast my kit." Really? From those pics you posted? Like back in elementary school, please show your work.

Then there's the little issue of video showing aluminum being CNC'd into a vacuum buck. So right there, the claim of the alleged recaster of the molds being cnc'd aluminum are true.

OP needs to get in here and come up with more, clear-cut proof in my opinion.

Again, just playing devils advocate here.

Maybe ....... but i´m always upset that recasters were punished here, and people who shout "recaster, stay away, lets hunt xyz down" are always going free - even if there is no proof at the end.

the bold italics is where I don't agree. Maybe you misspoke or left off the "alleged" part, maybe I need more coffee (been a long few days) but it reads as if you were upset recasters were punished. From there on, 100% agree with you.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back