Abbyshot BR Deckard Trenchcoat V2 Update! New Pics on pg 3

Pauleysolo

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I posted some info on this a few weeks ago--I received the update below today by email. How do you guys think this version looks?

DeckardTrench-Abbyshotv2.jpg

Hi Paul,

As promised, here's a photo to show you the final Version 2
Deckard Trench. This design incorporates all the features
that the fan community requested after our initial version 1
release. We have compared this coat in varying lighting
conditions, in a range of poses and even recreated many of
the better known screen captures, all in an effort to meet
our exacting standards. We are now 100% confident that no
detail has been left unstudied. Check out these two views
taken under slightly different lighting conditions to show
the range of colours this fabric displays. Notice the
dimensions of the collar which now extends much further than
version 1 did.

We are now making the first batch of pre-ordered Deckard
Version 2 trenches. Since you were trusting enough to buy
this version before it was even finished, we will be
shipping your coat ahead of any other Deckard V2 orders.
You will be contacted once it is completed and we will ship
to you within the next couple of weeks. We are very eager
to know what you think of your coat once it arrives, so
please don't hesitate to contact us after you have received
it and tried it on.

Thank You,

Adam Bragg
AbbyShot Clothiers Limited
www.abbyshot.com

Last edited:
Re: Abbyshot BR Deckard Trenchcoat V2 Update!

Any thoughts on the accuracy of this from our Blade Runner Experts??

It's looking great!
Hard to tell in the pics, but is the stitched "ribbing" in the collar still there?

I will ask for a more detailed picture--I know the Abbyshot guys check out this board so they may reply in this thread if any of them are members...If I get a more detailed pic I will post it.

Paul,

I think "your" new coat looks amazing!

With all of the debate about the correct color, it is interesting to see the flash / no flash examples they have offered and what a difference it makes.

As others have noted, the only detail I am curious about is the ribbing on the collar. As hard as Abbeyshot has worked on this coat, I'm sure it's simply a trick of the light.

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date. I'm eager to see photos when you get them. And to hear what you think of it.

Ted.
Prefect42.

Got an email from Abbyshot today see below:

Hi Paul,

They are being shipped today and tomorrow. Please let us
know when your coat arrives as we are very eager to know
what you think of it. Here are three views of the collar
buttoned up. Let me know if I can do anything else for you.

Thank You,

Adam

They sent me some pictures but not the CU of the ribbing I asked for- I asked again and will post them if I get one. It looks like I'll have the trenchcoat soon anyway so I'll post some CU pics either way.

P

Below are the new pics they did send of the collar flipped and buttoned up. These pics look to have been taken with the flash "on".

deck-v2-collar-up-front.jpg

deck-v2-collar-up-left.jpg

deck-v2-collar-up-right.jpg

Man, that's such a nice looking coat!
I really hope the collar is detailed correctly. :eek

Please post pics and a review once you get it! :thumbsup

It's looking great!
Hard to tell in the pics, but is the stitched "ribbing" in the collar still there?

At last the CU picture we have been waiting for. This shipped to me yesterday so I will have a chance to take a very close look at it soon.

CAJASBBP.jpg

Hmm. . . well, it's definitely there!
I can't find any of my ref pics, but it seems that it should be a little. . . I dunno. . . puffier or something.
And looks like the flash really blasted out the color!

Please post a review once you get your coat!
I'm expecting a little "windfall" next month, and I'm looking for something to spend it on. :love

I always thought the collar was courdoroy,

Yes- the collar looks a little off-but I agree with superjedi the flash photo may have blasted away some relief detail. I'll know more in a couple of days- I iwll post a review then.

P

Hey RPF!

This is AbbyShot checking in! It’s great to see that the discussions are continuing about our just-released Deckard Version 2. The first batch of coats was shipped out late last week, so we’re anxiously awaiting the first reviews from Pauleysolo and the rest!

Special thanks as well to Pauleysolo for keeping you all very much updated on the final version of this coat! We know that the ribbing on the collar was mentioned and as Pauleysolo was nice enough to post here, it’s certainly present once you see the close-up picture. We studied the movie very carefully and concluded that the collar is not corduroy but is actually the same coat fabric with stitch-lines going through it.

As superjedi noticed, the flash did blast away some of the colour and texture of the collar in the above photo. The actual collar is puffier than it looks above, but also remember that this is a BRAND NEW coat. Once the coat is broken-in, the collar will have a more textured look like the well-worn coat of the film.

I’m not sure if everyone already knows that we have more pictures of the final version of the Deckard V2.0 coat on our blog http://abbyshot.blogspot.com/2007/07/deckard-version-2-now-available.html, as well as a product page right here http://www.abbyshot.com/products/ps-deckard-trench.php. We will have our professional photo shoot very soon to finalize the product page as well.

Thanks so much for all the interest and the feedback about this project guys, it’s been greatly appreciated by everyone here at AbbyShot! :thumbsup

Thanks for checking in, AbbyShot. I dunno about others here, but I felt you really went the extra mile as far as gathering input from the fans for the Deckard v.2. :thumbsup
Pending a review of an "in-hand" trenchcoat, you just may have another customer. :cool

Has anyone got screen grabs - would be interesting to compare - my memory must be a false implant - cause I recall it was puffier and a ruffer material.

I take the point about flash but taking that into consideration I can see almost ZERO puff.

THe collar was a key look to the whole jacket so would be nice to see comparison shots with screen used.

If this is the perfect Deckard coat then I`ll be very happy to buy one.

Last edited:

This is actually from their site.

http://www.spinner44.com/dtrench.jpg

It almost looks like it was made of cotton, then washed, puckered up and shrunk a little.

I don't have a horse in this race other than I thought it was courdoroy myself, but this pic makes me think I should just get one of these Abbyshot trenches and wear it around a little.

... which won't be much of a problem in a couple months for San Francisco weather. :)

DANG, it looks like they did an excellent job.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back