Doctor Who - The Master's Wrist Watch - POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Kadajiroth

Sr Member
Has anyone gave the Master's watch from the last episode of Doctor Who any thought? I mean, the 'Black Hole Converter' activator.. thing. I do recognise it from somewhere, maybe an already-made watch? I don't know.

Here is the concept art for it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/gallery/concept_2007/54.shtml

Also, any screencaps will be helpful. I'd love to display a bunch of the Master's stuff, such as the Laser Screwdriver, ring, etc.

Last edited:
Re: Doctor Who - The Master's Watch *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

It's a nice watch, I'd like one just for general use :p

it says Valiant on it. that is an English watch brand i believe.
looks like a watch / radio combo.
john :cool

it says Valiant on it. that is an English watch brand i believe.
looks like a watch / radio combo.

Hmm, that's a coincidence, since the ship the Master uses is called the Valiant. I'll do some research and see what I can come up with. Cheers.

Hmm, that's a coincidence, since the ship the Master uses is called the Valiant. I'll do some research and see what I can come up with. Cheers.

i did not realize that.:rolleyes
i googled and found that Valiant is a Swiss brand but cant find any picss other than round faces.
maybe it is a coincidence.
it does look off the shelf though with the knurled side knobs of a watch.

I asked some watch experts about an hour or so ago, so waiting for a reply from them. They might be able to help.

Also, I'll edit the thread title to be a little bit more specific, just in case people get it confused with the fob watch thread.

Re: Doctor Who - The Master's Wrist Watch *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

I really like this prop, the concept artwork for it is great,would love to see a replica of it.

The watch experts didn't help me any. But, after a ton of searching, I think I found the base watch! :D:thumbsup

I want to have a few other opinions out there, but unless someone else can convince me otherwise, I am sure this is the watch.

Comparing the two:

Master's wrist watch from the episode:
54.jpg

Wrist watch I think is the base:
st-j210orange0003.jpg

See the knurled knobs on the center of either side of the watch? What I think is they have put a custom shell over the top (shouldn't be hard to make, yeah?).

Thoughts/opinions?

Great find....
that has to be it like you said with a cover.
is it still avaliable.

a plastic cover and remove a couplee dial hands and thats it.

Hold on, do you think the concept art differs from the piece seen on screen? I just thought I'd look at the screen-used piece to get a good look at it.

It could be just me, but just to be sure. It looks like the red buttons are gone, and the strap looks a little different to me, along with the general shape. Could it still be the same base watch?

masterwristwatch1.jpg

masterwristwatch2.jpg

you are definatley on the right trail. :thumbsup

what we need are good screen caps as you said.
conception and reality will differ, and we need reality.

That looks like the one, Juno! The strap has the little metal end, like in the episode. All we'd have to do is choose the black one so it has black straps, paint the dials black (well, one of the dials), and make a custom shell for it.

Good spotting, Juno. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back