Modelmaking Degree Final Year Project [HALO CQB Armour)

Laser Brain

Sr Member
Hey guys,

Well, I am half way through my final year, my dissertation is in and I have 1 week left on the first of two remaining major projects.

This is my interpretation of the Halo 3: CQB Armour. I have made this as a wearable costume for a background character.

The entire suit is vac-formed. The patterns were sculpted in a medium density polyurethane foam. The helmet patterns were sculpted in a medium plasterline and then fibreglass formers were made. I will post some WIP shots if you are interested, but for now here is the suit:

5043323.jpeg

5061378.jpeg

5082448.jpeg

5106293.jpeg

5124950.jpeg

5149812.jpeg

I have also made an assault rifle for the costume. It is made from an old Canon toner cartridge, an Airsoft grip and the usual chemiwood and ABS.

5171634.jpeg

Cheers

Neil

Neil

That is one of the most amazing pieces i have EVER seen on here.

start posting the progress pics, id love to know what went onto producing this :)

Nathan

Last edited:
Neil...I believe the words **** ** come to mind.
Outstanding work, truly outstanding :thumbsup
Anil.

That...looks...incredible!! I like how you've taken the core of the CQB armour and added your own twists to it...yet it is completely recognisable!! I too am totally speechless at the workmanship and overall look of it. It looks fantastic!

Love the look of rifle too...TOO DAMN COOL and definitely looks the part! I gotta say, I'm jealous!

So with so many different types of Mjolnir armour to choose from, why did you choose the CQB armour?

Dude, you have serious talent, thanks for sharing and please show us more pictures!

I think I'll pack my bags and go home.......................
Awesome work.Where are you studying? Herts?
I have a vacformer that is 55x26 inches if you want help with anything.....

That looks positively amazing. That is some of the finest work I've ever seen on this board. Great work, Neil!

And I'd love to see the WIP pics. :thumbsup

Perfectly executed work, and obviously a labor of love.
Amazing work Neil, you've set a high benchmark on that piece.
For vacuum formed pieces, you have achieved an excellent level of sharp details, and a lot of thought would have had to go into the forms.
I could swear that the images were of the CG model. It's also nice to see everything photographed so well.
Congratulations on a stunner!

Incredible, Vos! You shouldreally show this off over at www.405th.com, they won't know what hit 'em!:lol

I'd love to see some pics or details of the undersuit if you feel like sharing.

Outstanding job, man!

Hey everyone. Thanks for the kind words, I've been itching to get it to a stage were I could drop some pics on this board.

I will definitely answer all questions and show as many pics of the processes/materials as possible. I've just gotta get this weekend out the way first.

I've had loads of fun working on the armour, but I'm glad its almost over. Believe it or not, I've yet to even play Halo. Thanks again!

Neil

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back