Japanese "Worldcon" Blade Runner blaster

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been meaning to show you guys a kit I got from the Japanese Wonderfestival. Sadly he doesn't sell via mail order. It's an excellent mix of resin and metal. These are pics of the gun as a kit and finished, from the maker. I hope to start mine later this year, after I finish the stuff I have to do for everyone else:

4.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Thats pretty Jason, look forward to seeing it built. Reminds me, i still want to get my repainted Offworld back on the bench for a revision hehe!

lee

That looks awesome! Is there anyway we can convince the seller to do an RPF special run? I'm sure alot of people would jump on that, yours truly included.

I admire the way he cast the Bulldog frame in 2 parts: you could switch out real parts more easily.

I'm sure you add lots of blinkies!

Yep - lights work:
5.jpg

6.jpg

I too love how he broke the parts down - very cool instructions, very thoughtful layout - I wish all kits were so nicely cast/engineered!

7.jpg

Beautifully detailed, but unfortunately the grips are still undersized--note that the top of the grip does not quite reach high enough relative to the receiver, yet the groove for the 2nd finger is too high relative to the bottom of the triggerguard.

Are the resin parts cast in black? Or do they have a coat of black primer on them in those pics?
And can you say the price of the kit? Or PM the price?
Thanks!

Resin parts are cast in black. The price was ¥37500, but with approx shipping and the currency conversion and fees (with the dollar being crap) it would be about $410 to $430 for a US purchase.

Yep - lights work:

How about the green LEDs in the "sight rod"? Static or with super-deluxe light up action?

The pic with the components laid out looks like the sight rod has a nub that could theoretically have the wire run through it, but the little bit of white wire on that side looks to be for show. :confused

Bruce

Good luck on procuring more, Wonderfest items are usually very limited and even more expensive than they are limited.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back