Iron Man costume displayed at Arclight in Hollywood

Jediwannabe

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just saw Iron Man at the Arclight Theater in Hollywood and they had a screen used costume in the lobby. I only had my iPhone so the pictures are not great quality. Someone else might want to take better pictures?

By the way, loved the film.

-Jediwannabe

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0164_2.jpg

You Hollywood people get all the cool display. All i got is a cardboard WallE at my local AMC

I cant get that neck to be righ. Its incredible wrong. It looks right in proportions to the costume. But a person inside the armor whould have to have a giraff neck to meet up with the head. I know because i cant figure it out my self how to make the neck that tall on the costume we made.
The head whould then sit so high up that there is no chance the person can se trough the portholes of the eyes.

They probably raised the upper armor but if they raised it that much then the neck will be shorter.... :confused :confused :confused:cry

BTW. I LOVED THE MOVIE! IT WAS A NICE ONE.

I'd love to have some high resolution pics of this suit and if someone can take it and make it available, I'll be in line for a CD.
I'd love close-ups and every possible shots of this armor!

Just got back from the movie and both my wife and I loved it!

Sweet display!

Just caught the movie myself and it rocks! Love the little detailing the suit has and the fact that wearing it, is akin to an F1 pit crew working on their racer!

(y)thumbsup:thumbsup!

On some kids tv shows with oddly shapped heads they go for monitors inside the masks fed by the studio cameras. This gives the dancers a guide. SOmetimes theres a little vision as well.

The chances are this suit had something similar so the actor didnt perform totally blind if his eyes are indeed closer to where the nose would be.

Indeed .. I'm happy with my iPhone camera .. it is no worse then any other camera in low light ... it wants everything to be clear light, so it pushes all other light sources up too ..

It's a cellphone camera, not a Nikon D80 ;)

I think the Audi R8 is there, too. Going this weekend -- looking forward to it.

Funny thing was that I was shooting a project at Sunset Gower Studios a few months ago and while walking around the lot shooting pictures of the Dexter sets and Heroes I came across the silver R8 in the lot where they keep the picture vehicles. I looked through my photos last night but I guess I didn't snap a shot of it. Oh well.

i used to sell audi's last year and we had a silver r8 with carbon switchblades which i had the pleasure of running round in quite a few times.

had i realised it would be the same as in the film, i may have just grown a goatee ala stark.lol

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back