MR Halo 3 energy sword video

I just received an email from MR cancelling my pre-order and saying they are not moving forward with final production on these. Very disappointed, as they were looking super cool in pre-production.

What? This is the first I've heard about it. :angry

edit: Yeah I just checked my order page and it looks like the 18 inch MC and the energy sword have both been cancelled.

Last edited:
Valued Master Replicas Customer,

We are sorry to inform you that, due to circumstances beyond our control , we are regretfully cancelling your preorder, details of which are shown below:

Halo 3 Covenant Energy Sword

We will not be proceeding to final production on this item in the immediate future. Rather than hold your preorder any longer , we wanted to advise you as soon as possible of the cancellation and assure you that your payment card has not been charged.

Should the situation with this product change we will keep you advised.

We apologize that we have been unable to fulfill your pre-order and we appreciate your business. As a token of our appreciation we have included a discount code in this email that will give you a 20% discount of your next purchase from us. This discount is valid until HALO2008 and is valid with any item in our range.

Kind regards,
Master Replicas Customer Service

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya know...their problem is that they just simply missed the boat on this one. Had they gotten their butt in gear before H3 was released, they would have made a killing. Likewise, had they moved more quickly and had their Indiana Jones stuff together, they would have made a killing...even before they lost the LF license. Like a lot of what they've done, just a stupid business model.

Well, a lot of the problem is that it takes a while for things to prototyped and made. But I think even with missing the premier of Halo 3 there is enough Halo fans to sell some of the items. They messed up by starting out with scaled helmets instead of the energy sword or even a 1:1 helmet.

Valued Master Replicas Customer, ... Rather than hold your preorder any longer , we wanted to advise you as soon as possible of the cancellation and assure you that your payment card has not been charged... As a token of our appreciation we have included a discount code in this email that will give you a 20% discount of your next purchase from us....
Kind regards,
Master Replicas Customer Service

shame it was not made, but a "good job" to MR for not holding on to the pre-order longer then necessary and for offering the discounts.
THANKS MR:thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
MR needs to stop getting peoples hopes up and dashing them repeatedly. They already lost the Star Wars license. They are going to lose more customers and licenses if they keep this up.

Oh just wait until word gets around of what they are doing with their return policy. I plan to make a post regarding it once I get confirmation from my sales rep.

I just received the Entertainment Earth catalog that had an 18" Master Chief and electronic plasma sword listed. I wonder if it's those same items and the catalog went to print before the notification was released?

EDIT: The online catalog shows the sword is cancelled, but still lists the 18" MC as Coming Soon

-Fred

The latest issue of the Official Xbox Magazine dissed MR's energy sword replica as being cheesy plastic and way overpriced when compared to this one. I know it doesn't have the light-up feature that MR's was going to, but it does have metal blades and is only $50, so maybe it's a suitable option for those of you still wanting a replica.

The latest issue of the Official Xbox Magazine dissed MR's energy sword replica as being cheesy plastic and way overpriced when compared to this one. I know it doesn't have the light-up feature that MR's was going to, but it does have metal blades and is only $50, so maybe it's a suitable option for those of you still wanting a replica.

Yeah I've seen that sword before. It's not bad, but I would rather have had the lights and sound. It's like saying a metal pipe with a lightsaber handle is as cool as an FX lightsaber. :unsure

I JUST found out about this (Im a little slow). Someone needs to take MR off of Life Support and turn EVERYTHING over to EFX.
MR has become a joke. Between the Indy stuff, Halo and their inability to get the tricorders out they need to pack it in.

Really sad. MR has created some truly amazing collectables, randing from fairly detailed, reasonably priced lightsabers, to the Enterprise and the Nautilus, and others. I have many of their items in my collection. It appears that they keep shooting themselves in the foot, as I am sure the fan interest is still there for items like these. I wanted 2 energy swords, myself!

Very disappointing - I had a couple on pre-order as soon as they were available. They obviously had already done everything up through prototyping - what a waste...

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back