Star Trek XI- The Boots!

yes those r the boots. They are no longer made in black.

In the past I've bought bown footwear that I've found that needed to be black for costuming. Rubbing an acetone soaked rag will remove the finish off of the shoe or boot, wax and sometimes the color, for restaining. Going from a light shade to dark is always best. I had practiced on shoes bought from thrift stores to get the hang of it. Another option is to take the boots to a shoe repair shop and have a pro recolor them. Just thought this bit of info may be useful.

Nice find and that is cheap for those in todays market!

They are cheaper by comparision to the original price when they first came out. Had to jump at getting me a pair. Considering dyeing them black but I don't want to ruin them. Any one have any good ideas for me to avoid tossing my money out of the window?

they sell good shoe dyes at stores. Just make sure u use a preparer and deglazer...they will sell that with the dye. Just go to a good cobbler and ask. It works well if u do it right!

A shoe repair should be able to dye them up for you.

They are cheaper by comparision to the original price when they first came out. Had to jump at getting me a pair. Considering dyeing them black but I don't want to ruin them. Any one have any good ideas for me to avoid tossing my money out of the window?

Just as a note, the original boots worn on set where brown, dyed black. When you unzip them, you could still clearly see the brown on the back tab of the zipper as well as the dye all around the rim of the boot, so the brown boot is actually correct.

Here are a set of the brown boots I recently dyed black. Still need to add the extra flap over the zipper, but otherwise they are identical to the originals.

I used Fiebing's Leather shoe dye which does a great job but does rub off on hands and clothes a bit. I want to seal them but am afraid it will change the sheen which currently matches the originals pretty closely.

Thanks Art Andrews! I'll have to go find them DKNYs then! That really clears things up for me. Were the guys and girls boot version was the same btw?

How much would you guys pay for them....?

Last edited:
No, they are not. While the guys version is relatively easy to get, the female version is much more difficult. The nice thing with the female version is it comes in black.

I paid about $125 a pair for my male version and for Mirax's female boots.

That is not the correct boot. The correct women's boot has little vertical line detailing at the top and does not have that wrap around piece.

Chock is up to lack of experience in working with leather. I put on two coats... the first coat was great.... but just not quite dark enough. Second coat DEFINITELY got it as dark as I wanted but now I am having to scrub and scrub to try to get them to stop bleeding on everything they touch... :( Same sye worked great for my sandtrooper pouches, but then, I put sealer on them.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back