synasp

Sr Member
Edit: Registration dates extended to 17th.

------------------------------------------

Registration is tentatively scheduled to open January 2nd until January 15th. The next window will not open for at least another three months.

Please let your friends and family know. :):thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Registration Dates: 1/2 - 1/15...

For registration, be sure to check your email for the verification link. If you do not see this email, check your spam folder. Everyone is required to verify their email address when registering.

MANY of you have no confirmed your email addresses. You MUST confirm in order to activate your account. Please check your email inbox or spam folder in case it got placed there. Be sure to add therpf.com account to your "safe email" list.

They're in queue for activation. :)

New members: if you're verified your email and are waiting authorization, you should be ready to post soon enough. Emailing/PMing me is just slowing the process down as I can't reply to a few hundred of you and activate around 500 quickly.

Also, if you use a free email account, your activation may take longer. Emails through internet service providers (cable modem, dial-up, DSL, etc) are first priority.

Thank you Synasp, for doing all the hard work. The guys over the TDH really appreciate it.

FYI, if you've PMed me asking why you can't post, I'm sorry I can't reply to it as I'd spend hours just copy/pasting the same message: Your account hasn't been activated yet. Please be patient. The registration period isn't even over yet. When it is, activations will come much quicker.

Again, free email accounts (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc.) will take longer to activate than non-free (comcast, att, etc.).

Thank you Synasp, for doing all the hard work. The guys over the TDH really appreciate it.
np. Thank you for helping out!

Re: Registration Dates: 1/2 - 1/15 (verify your email to activate account)...

synasp, thanks for helping me with my account issue ;) Really appreciate it.

No worries Neil. Good to see you posting!

Everyone is activated with the exception of a few. If you are not activated, please check to make sure you have VERIFIED your email address by clicking on the link from the email that was sent to you. If you have done that, then please send me a message. I've emailed the remaining members who are not activated yet (there are some issues).

When replying, please include your user name and all the pertinent info for your issue to help speed things up. I'm tracking a few dozen issues at a time so it's hard to remember. Otherwise we waste time with, "can you give me more info?" replies. Thanks!

David

Yes - I got mine registered,and it's working great!!! Thank you for having me on your forum! ~ Newbie Doobie

Many thanks for the activation!

And my apologies as I was one of the guys who pm'ed the moderator having not read the threat stating "Please do not pm the moderators". Sorry about that Chief.

Kevin

Thanks for activating me and sorry for all the emails. Glad to finally be here :thumbsup

Also, if you use a free email account, your activation may take longer. Emails through internet service providers (cable modem, dial-up, DSL, etc) are first priority.

for whats its worth, just an fyi, @Mac.com is not a free email service. its not an ISP, but it does cost $$.

Thanks. I knew some people paid for mac.com accounts, so for this registration we considered it an ISP.

Bump for extra days.

Re: REGISTRATION: ends Saturday...

Oh no! Registration ends today? How will I ever get registered in time... Oh wait, never mind. Cheers and belated thanks for the Activation!

Re: REGISTRATION: ends ANY moment! *gasp*...

All the other boards that Im a registered member of ,run open registrations, that is to say, a new member can join anytime.
The RPF is the only board that Ive ever heard of that has joining windows.
If youre going to get 100 new members a year, surelly it is less work for the moderation team to aprove new members one at a time than in a batch of 100 ??
Im sure theres a great reason for your policy, and Im sure youve been asked this question many times.......
but why do you use joining windows ??????

Sorry if this is going over old ground, but Im sure some other new members wonder also ....

Re: REGISTRATION: ends ANY moment! *gasp*...

To keep the questions to a minimum!
:lol Actually, that's somewhat true. A partial reason is we used to get a constant influx of new members who just wouldn't read the FAQ, learn the rules, and become familar with the community and culture here.

So instead of a constant influx of PMs (answered in the FAQ) and taboo posts ("recastingz kewl lolz!"), closed registration means people lurk and learn what the RPF is all about. We have a close community that's more like family (along with sibling rivalries), that's better served with a splash of new members than a constant drip.

Also, there are economies of scale.

Luckily, almost all of the new members posting in the "new member introduction" thread seem fairly cool, so welcome! :thumbsup

Registration closed. Next open window: March 4th 2011 :lol

(yes, that's a joke)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back