My Rorschach costume for the movie :)... Post yours!

Spoox

I figure I would widdle a quick Rorschach costume together to wear to the movie just for fun.
What do you guys think?

(yeah yeah.. I know about the girly hips but that is because I am a girl lol)

l_7281d3c459304959be038d13c847dcfb.jpg

l_77a9395a1e3e4ad599dce41b090ef90b.jpg

l_911825c48d9345a3988ae18c785ae3aa.jpg

Hat: $28 at Fred Meyer
Jacket: $26 at consignment store ( it's a Layne Bryant's women's coat) dipped in a cocoa brown dye
mask: White stretchy fabric from Jo-Anns and sharpy
purple Gloves: 8 Euro's from market in Amsterdam used by fiancee for Joker gloves
Pin stripe pants: on the way

Last edited:
get some "sta-flo starch" and spray down that hat and iron out the brim, dirty up the scarf a bit and youll be looking top notch

Here's my Rorschach. My girlfriend bought me the Fedora for Valentines Day. I already had the suede jacket and leather gloves. I'm wearing my Joker pinstripe pants. I tore apart and resewed an old longsleeve white shirt for the masks. All I actually bought was a bottle of ink for $8. I think that's the cheapest costume I've made in a while.

Feb242009013.jpg

Feb242009015.jpg

Feb242009017.jpg

Those pics are awesome. I never though about dressing up as Rorschach, but now I want to. I don't have the figure for most comic book ladies, so it limits my costume choices.

Whow, great guys!! And I tought it wasn't that easy to make a Rorschrach!!

And Spooxie, as soon as I read the text about the gloves from Amsterdam, I knew it was you who wrote it. Why do I never look to the author?

And ehh....The girly hips?? I didn't notice!!

Good luck with the release guys!!

Greets, Geert

:confused
Ummm...I think I have evrything in my closet to make that costume!

Sorry for my tardy reply.
Right, let me see if I remember this correctly.
My mask is made from a rough unfinished silk weave.
I took a square of the material and whilst in place over my head and correctly gathered in, I marked out two small holes for my eyes. You only need small holes, about 15-20mm or just over half an inch.

I then cut out the "inkblot" in a black fine see through stretch material using a redy made template. I then added a fusable iron on backing. When I'd correctly lined the inkblot up over the eye holes, I ironed it on.

I then lined up the fabric over my head and gathered it in to mark out jaw line and pin in the form fitting seams that can be seen from shots of the movie mask. There is a seam that goes from beneath the chin up the jawline and joins the back section behind the ears. There are also pinched seams on top of the head. The mask is basically in three peices. The face, top/back of head and the neck panel that joins the top/back panel just behind the ears.

when I'd made sure it was as form fitting as possible it was then just a case of sewing it all up. I leaft two flaps on either side of the back of the head and added strips of velcro for closure and also a strip for tensioning.

After that I went over the see through fabric with black fabric paint, using a thick brush to stipple it on rather than brush strokes. I thined out the paint to add the fine detail greyish "transitional" outline that the movie version appears to have.

Anyway thats it I think. Hope it's of some help.
Oh, and I just found a vid from the world premiere. You can see the mask at about 0:24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6s--TmW1Ps&feature=related

Last edited:
Your mask looks dead on! it's amazing :) Thank you for the reply.

I am jealous you got to go to the premiere and meet the actor haha. That is so cool! The movie doesn't come out here until next weekend. I can't wait to see it!

Awesome costumes,guys...I love it!:love

@NoTsOsErIoUs: Were´s your fedora from?Like it.

Last edited:
Awesome Rorschachs everyone! Can't wait for the movie. Looks to be capturing the feel of the book from the trailers and production journals.

Here's mine-

SnDiegoComicCon07111.jpg

SnDiegoComicCon07110.jpg

SnDiegoComicCon07108.jpg

SnDiegoComicCon07115.jpg

Back