PIH - Blade Runner PKD Hero Deckard's Blaster

Meh. It's no big deal. I've seen it. :sleep

:lol

Actually what's interesting about the listing, and I posted this also on Propsummit, is that the auction says the "four" red LEDs and two green ones, light up when you push the "on" switch! :eek

So first of all, where do the batteries go? (Probably in the ammo clip... but alas I did not try to push the ON switch or remove the ammo clip, when I had the thing in my hands. I am just too respectful I guess. :sleep)

And second, what's this about the GREEN leds, lighting up when you push the switch? Is everything wired to that switch? So what's the white wire for?! :confused

And lastly, what happened to RED 5. :D

- k

And lastly, what happened to RED 5

Was it ever proven to be functional in the movie, there's been so much discussion of this prop, I don't recall?

If so, I presume it no longer works. I'm surprised any of them do, tbh.

Interesting that they don't show the other side of the gun with the nasty wiring exposed :angel

Was it ever proven to be functional in the movie, there's been so much discussion of this prop, I don't recall?

Yes.

5thledlitzhorachase.jpg

Maybe they identified four red LEDs because only four appear to be functional - note, the front LED on the left side of the gun seems to have burnt out, per Karl's photo, above.

Not even close.

I'd believe it.

If that were the case and it sold for 200K, all you would have to do is sell 200 $2,000 build-ups to recoup your investment - probably to be sold in the Sharper Image or some other rich people's toy catalog (presuming 50% materials, labor, & operating costs, etc.).

I'm sure the BR "folks" aren't gonna let that happen.

Last edited:
Rumour has it that Paul already has a bid in for $300,000. Seems less likely now, but It it would be nice if it shows up in a public museum, preferably in NY though :)

Andy

Iconic. For me this is up there with Indy's Fedora from Raiders, Red 5 from Star Wars and the Maltese Falcon from, well, The Maltese Falcon. This thing belongs in a museum!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back