The Terminator - Story of the .45 Longslide with Laser Sighting

Cool.

I've always wondered why a Terminator would need a laser sighting, with it's technology, night vision, etc...

Neat story. And the prop (I'm assuming the non-functional one) made an appearance in an episode of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles entitled "Goodbye to All That."

I dont think the company was called Surefire at the time!

Id love to have a moderized replica of this badboy!
Too bad the AMT hardballers and hard to find now

Steve (SD Studios) made 3 of these replicas right after the film was released.
He extended the frame of a plastic MGC replica 1911 and scratchbuilt all the other components to replicate this weapon.
I currently own 2 of the 3 he made. I'll post some pics later today.
Ed
TheSpyBoys.com

So that's why Schwarzenegger is in that pose with the left hand at the right coat pocket? I thought it was just a bad-ass cool pose, but he's just flipping the switch! Priceless. :lol

236444569.jpg

They use to be called Laser Products. I have an old LDI (not the same company) laser that has the same kind of HeNe laser in it. I can try to find it and snap a shot of it for you to see if you would like to see what the laser tube looks like. It has the same cylindrical power supply also. I think most companies back then used the same source for the laser tubes and PS's.

I had heard of this from a friend who had talked with Ed.

Nice to see it he is finally getting credit for it!

I dont think the company was called Surefire at the time!

The name changed from Laser Products to Surefire llc a few years ago.

Most of my Tactical flash lights from them still carry the Laser Products name on them.

I saw an older article like that one over at The Terminator Files forum, where they interviewed the old dude Reynolds who built the originals; seems he never got paid for them (or something along those lines--just a small credit,and those crappy gifts).

The longslide Hardballer is a neat gun to look at, but junk to shoot (a buddy of mine has one). The slide is way to loose and rattles, the overall balance sucks, and AMT was plagued with other quality issues in those years.

If anyone is interested, Western Arms makes a replica, and you can get them at Red Wolf airsoft....
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwo..._Arms_SCW_Ver_3_AMT_HardBaller_Long_Slide.htm
But, the damn thing is always out-of-stock....:angry
Rob

I had a toy of one of those Hardballers when I was a kid. It was black but it was my Terminator gun.

Yeah the AMT's had a problem with the stainless they used galling really bad. Probably due to poor heat treating.
Just caused all kinds of problems. That and they were just really bad quality fit and finish wise.
Oh, and the long slide Summer Glau used in TSCC was not the same one as in 'Terminator', it was a copy and it had the wrong laser and the wrong mount if I remember correctly.

Back