Question “Greyed Out” Junkyard Posts (answered)

Just curious as to why my junkyard for sale posts appear greyed out?

Arthur
That is because there haven't been any new posts since you last viewed that sales thread. Click on another sales thread and you will see that it is now grayed out as well.

That is because there haven't been any new posts since you last viewed that sales thread. Click on another sales thread and you will see that it is now grayed out as well.

Piggy backing on this question since it's related, but why don't all the JY posts get greyed out when you Mark Forum Read? Does marking the forum read just not work in the JY?

Piggy backing on this question since it's related, but why don't all the JY posts get greyed out when you Mark Forum Read? Does marking the forum read just not work in the JY?
Mark forums read does not work with the JY because it is a custom written modification, it does not behave the same way as the other forums. We can look into possibly changing that but since we are busy working on the next upgrade, it will probably have to wait until after that upgrade is rolled out.

I understand greying out listings after you look at them but shouldn't the grey be removed when something new is posted to the listing?

I understand greying out listings after you look at them but shouldn't the grey be removed when something new is posted to the listing?
It does, unless the new post is yours. The new post needs to be from someone else.

It does, unless the new post is yours. The new post needs to be from someone else.

I just went into a listing that was greyed out because I had looked at it a few days ago and someone else has since posted in it and it is still greyed out for me.

I just went into a listing that was greyed out because I had looked at it a few days ago and someone else has since posted in it and it is still greyed out for me.
Same for me. Even though I looked at the listing, it stays grayed out even when new people post in it.

As Montagar said, we can look into this further with the coder once we get the next upgrade done. We are looking at about one month due to his timetable.

I had noticed that this problem only seemed to occur on older junkyard threads and that on newer ones once someone else had posted in a thread I had looked at it seemed to clear the grayed out status but I've looked at a few new threads recently and they have stayed greyed out even though there are new posts in them.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back