1/72 Hoth Echo Base Hangar diorama

Lol! Yeah, I’ve been working on her for 2yrs+ now - single dad/work/life stuff/etc..., I’m genuinely slow at getting back into this hobby unlike the machines korben & your good self seem to be ;)!
But, I’m also a ‘noob’ when it comes to computer’s and pretty much anything associated with them !..., so with that said - I’ve not posted any photos of my Deago MF build here unfortunately.
If you’re interested in seeing some pics of it though, I do have quite a few up on Facebook - my daughter insisted that it’d be easy posting there (after she helped setting it up - actually it was all her !) , and that I’d be able to find others who were into the same build too !.
Anyhoo, if you’re seriously wanting to see some of my stuff then give us a PM, and I’ll provide you with the info.

Ged
I'm not so tech savvy myself, you're not alone. I did Facebook for a few weeks a long time ago, and quit it. No time for it and folks that I didn't care to hear from kept finding me. I'll shoot you a PM soon, I'd love to see your work...and so would the other guys. Not that I would mind or anyone one of the other guys, we all love ya dude...but we were starting to wonder if you weren't just lurking around LOL

Hey Ross,
Same here regarding Facebook - my goddaughter signed me up first time 10+ yrs ago, I stuck around for 2-3 weeks? maybe, then quit... it wasn’t my cuppa tea:sleep:!

I didn’t really ‘get it’ back then and to be honest I only agreed (gratefully) this time around due to the various clubs/sites to be found pertaining not only to the Deago MF, but other modelling/interest subjects.
I’ve shared posts on various sites over there of my build, and have found both encouragement & inspiration. If you are on a MF building kick, then the Deago will certainly give you a massive ‘fix’ !:lol:

Ged

Hazzard light fixtures on. a couple when flying as I was cutting them from the sprue, so I took a couple of the clear injection slugs from the canopy that I didn't use and drilled them halfway through for the FO. It worked, those are on the back side though LOL

Attachments

• FML1.jpeg
    FML1.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 356
  • FML2.jpeg
    FML2.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 329
  • FML3.jpeg
    FML3.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 317
  • FML4.jpeg
    FML4.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 332
  • FML5.jpeg
    FML5.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 256
  • FML6.jpeg
    FML6.jpeg
    40.3 KB · Views: 290
  • FML7.jpeg
    FML7.jpeg
    42.1 KB · Views: 329
  • FML8.jpeg
    FML8.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 331
  • FML9.jpeg
    FML9.jpeg
    42.2 KB · Views: 328
  • FML10.jpeg
    FML10.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 336
  • FML11.jpeg
    FML11.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 329
as with the PG, a few of the hazards lights don't illuminate as well, but it works. Noticeable difference in size between FM and PG. If the PG is true to 1/72, I'm guessing the FM is really more 1/76? Anyway, it'll look spectacular in the dio. Have to wait till the weekend to switch them out. I have to pull the doi from the shelf and set it on the table because the Falcon only will come in and out from the top.

I also think I lost the ceiling chip LED at the top of the ramp, but I only need to remove a couple things and pry the upper hull off as it didn't require glue...and the screws went missing. Then I can repair the entry corridor light (y)

Well, after mish mashing through 42 pages on this thread I think it finally comes to a close. I swapped in the fresh FM Falcon for the MPC. Looks much better I'm thinking. This thread has been a winding road and fun, thanks all for your help and inspirations Not sure what to tackle next...DeAgo perhaps, since I'm on a Falcon binge...but that would be at least a 6 month haul and there is much in the way of 308 Bits to be acquired for it.

Attachments

• fmd1.jpeg
    fmd1.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 395
  • fmd2.jpeg
    fmd2.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 383
  • fmd3.jpeg
    fmd3.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 353
  • fmd4.jpeg
    fmd4.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 394
  • fmd5.jpeg
    fmd5.jpeg
    104.5 KB · Views: 389
  • fmd6.jpeg
    fmd6.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 380
  • fmd7.jpeg
    fmd7.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 380
  • fmd8.jpeg
    fmd8.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 412
Fantastic build/project mate, simply stunning !:love:
Sure it’s taken awhile (most things that are worthwhile usually do), but it’s been very enjoyable following your progress and you’ve certainly provided plenty of insight & inspiration, not to mention a wonderful looking, finished piece of Art.....,So envious !!! ;)

Congratulations Ross and thanks for sharing this journey !

Ged

p.s. Can’t wait to see what you’ll be tackling next, but if it’s gonna be the Deago MF then I’m certain you’ll not need the amount of after market parts you may have needed (not saying wanted mind !), since you’ve obviously had and strongly developed the skills and talent to scratch/mod a lot towards it I’m sure !(y)

Last edited:
Thanks my friends! I went digging through 6 large boxes that have been sleeping in the closet for quite a long time. Pulled every smaller box out, put them in order and package No.1 is sitting on the table. I think I'm going to dig into the DeAgo...I think. Now I just have to remember how to start a new thread LOL

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back