1st Vector Drawing - Fringe Ministry of Defense

cenn

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Now I understand why you guys are so fond of vector drawings versus Photoshop, I guess that I have been doing it the hard way so long that I never chose to see the light.

Here is my very first from scratch vector drawing, its far from perfect, it is just going to take some time for me learn to use Inkscape more effectively (thank goodness for Youtube tutorials on-line!!). I'll probably recreate it again from the ground up in an effort to get the hang of the software and to fix all the mistakes that are obvious to me.

I learned the value of vector drawings by reading posts in this forum, I am hard headed so it took me a while before I finally departed from what I know and love to try something new ;-)

Attachments

• 1st_Vector.jpeg
    1st_Vector.jpeg
    553.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Hi cenn,

good job, but it looks that you are not using the guide lines. For me they are a lot of help creating vector graphics.

Dietrich

A picture says more than 1.000 words, so here's a screenshot from my recent work:
Hill Valley.jpg

The guidelines are making round objects a lot easier to create.

Dietrich

Now I understand why you guys are so fond of vector drawings versus Photoshop, I guess that I have been doing it the hard way so long that I never chose to see the light.

Here is my very first from scratch vector drawing, its far from perfect, it is just going to take some time for me learn to use Inkscape more effectively (thank goodness for Youtube tutorials on-line!!). I'll probably recreate it again from the ground up in an effort to get the hang of the software and to fix all the mistakes that are obvious to me.

I learned the value of vector drawings by reading posts in this forum, I am hard headed so it took me a while before I finally departed from what I know and love to try something new ;-)

Hi cenn,

good job, but it looks that you are not using the guide lines. For me they are a lot of help creating vector graphics.

Dietrich

I thought I was using them, it was gluing to the intersections, but something got out of whack when I rotated it by 45?? Not sure where I went wrong on that one, this is one of the reasons that I will be doing the drawing again. I need to get more familiar with the software, it was a good first try though ;)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back