2001-Dave’s Sketches

Nostromo2124

I just finished this 6 (relatively) screen accurate sketches from the scene were Dave shows them to HAL:
cae8d3f10c361c5957d18b4f0b1dff73.jpg

And yes, ‘I can hold them a bit closer’, this is just a preview !
I’m gonna post the drawings separately and full-size tomorrow ( bad light right now),
so you can print and glue them on a drawing pad, like the original...
Except for the the Cryo-chamber floor which is shown full-size, I couldn’t match every detail of the “portraits” through HAL’s fish eye, but I think I got the characteristic shape of them!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r13I-TuDcWI

Last edited:
Thanks so much for sharing the sketches, really amazing work on creating them. And, looking forward to Dr. Floyd's photos.

This movie is special to me, the first movie I watch in a movie theater and my first movie soundtrack I bought, both in the mid-70's. I made sure to watch it on the 50th anniversary of it's release.

Last edited:
You surely have a creative hand, your sketch looks fantastic. Thank you for sharing your amazing works with us, you are an inspiration for all the aspiring artist in this community.

Thanks for the nice feedback!
Here’s the first of Floyd’s pics:
a9b40a5bd19ae7deedb58d3a087e7593.jpg
I crawled 2 hours to the www, lunar orbiter archives, nasa files and dozens of pre 1970 moon photograph albums to find authentic pics looking like the ones on the two moon-surface photos, but ended by using the first photos appears on google if you search for ‘moon crater’ and ‘tycho’ [emoji849]
So they’re not the same like the ones on screen but look very similar after editing them... giving the fact I didn’t know anything about graphic design or something, I’m pretty proud how they turned out/ will turn out !
This is the current state of the other 3 photos, I’ll finish them within the next weeks:
97917a6b13580779c75826a18f34ea9d.jpg7dd8ee5e7b7cfc881650a4f4838e4dbb.jpgb72cbd0a965dd59104059fe27ff52899.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back