3 foot Sulaco, version 2.0

Always liked the Sulaco as a design! This is a lovely build too!
I got the impression from the film that the ship had a shiny metallic finish to it....similar to gunmetal(finish, not colour)

Rich

Totally agreed - fantastic model indeed. Excellent work.

Though Primetime's model is completely accurate with the paintjob in matching the original prop (I don't think the original had a 'metalic' finish, maybe someone can confirm), the reason behind the blue coloring may be similar to the way the aliens were painted in ALIENS; (and this is soley a suggestion on my part and may not be the case at all) some colors may be selected or accentuated / exaggerated so they appear a certain way on film, when filmed.

So what I'm saying is is that Primetime's model is an exciting opportunity to paint a 'prop accurate' Sulaco, or a 'real world' Sulaco. Maybe in real life, it may have been painted a gun-metal kind of color...or blue in an strategic attempt to camoflauge it somehow... who knows.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back