A L I E N Narcissus *Completed*

Damn you!! I looked at those pics over and over again (with a magnifying glass no-less) and I didn't find any piece missing between the original and your model...you're a machine:cool:(y)

Thanks Joberg! It's taken a looong time to get here, but I'm really pleased with how it has turned out :)

Between work and organising for Xmas, I haven't had much time to spend on the ship, unfortunately.

I have made a *little* progress, and have managed to give it the once over with some "wet and dry" in preparation for its final coat of paint.
I'm hoping to have that done in the next few days.

From there it will be another light sanding, and on to the weathering.
I will also be adding the "E1" markings, which were simply masked off with tape and sprayed on.
I just need to confirm their exact location and size using the 3D model overlay.

Work is also continuing in the background on the decal artwork, which will be added last.

More updates soon...

Capture220.jpg

And we have a white ship!
Painted with auto primer - as per the original (according to Phil Rae).
She looks just as she would if she'd just rolled off the production line - not a scratch or mark on her.
That will all change shortly...;)

Capture222.jpg

Capture223.jpg

I have mapped the "E1" markings to the 3D model and will be adding them shortly.

Capture221.jpg

The "E1" markings have been added.

On the original model, they were masked off with tape to create stencils.
You can see them on both the front and back of the ship in Martin Bowers BTS photos below.

Capture228.jpg

I believe they were then painted with grey auto primer.
I have also added minor damage to the front "E1" to replicate the marks seen on the original.

Capture224.jpg Capture225.jpg Capture226.jpg Capture227.jpg

Next up will be the weathering, which will probably take some time, but I hope to work on it over the festive break...

Insanely gorgeous. So much hard work really is paying off now. Thanks for sharing all the build pics!

Thank you so much - that's very kind.
It wouldn't be nearly as much fun if I didn't get to share it :)

I took a step back from the ship over the break and spent some quality time with my family.
Sometimes it's more beneficial to do that rather than force yourself to keep pushing on and make a mistake.
I'm now back and refreshed and ready to take on the last steps to finally finish the ship off (just in time for the 40th anniversay!)

I've gone over the model with some wet and dry and brought it all back to smooth, ready for weathering - a blank canvas.
I will be using only graphite powder, brushes and an eraser for the majority of the weathering (in keeping with the how the studio model was done). I will also add the pencil and drafting pen markings used on the original and some black acrylic for the inside of the engines and some of the deeper crevices.

This should be fun!
More updates soon...

Capture229.jpg Capture230.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back