Abbyshot BR Deckard Trenchcoat V2 Update! New Pics on pg 3

Re: Abbyshot BR Deckard Trenchcoat V2 Update!

I don't have a horse in this race other than I thought it was courdoroy myself, but this pic makes me think I should just get one of these Abbyshot trenches and wear it around a little.

... which won't be much of a problem in a couple months for San Francisco weather. :)

DANG, it looks like they did an excellent job.

Thanks Larry,

We've begun to receive some emails from Deckard trench customers already and we'll be posting them in our August newsletter coming out this month. That, plus any reviews that show up here should let you know how pleased people are with it.

The need for the coat to be "broken in" or "well worn" in order for the collar to look more like the movie version was what I was trying get across in my last post. As far as we can tell, the materials they used were older fabrics at the time, plus it is a common practice in movies to "age" costumes when needed to give them a "lived in" look. I strongly suspect that this was done to all of Rick Deckard's wardrobe. That character was intended to be a futuristic version of the classic "film noire" style of P.I. which is usually depicted as wearing rumpled, almost threadbare clothing. I often jokingly refer to Deckard's appearance as a "Columbo for 2019". (in appearance at least) :lol I believe that our collar will look a lot more like the movie version once it's had some time to get worn for a while.

OK-I finally found some time to write up this review of the Abbyshot Version 2Deckard trench.

First of all let me say that this is a very, very well made garment. It will withstand actual wear and feels like a real trench coat when you have it on.

Brunnertrench3.jpg

Seeing it in person I think the color is very accurate. A flash photo does lighten up the color. After it gets some rain and wear and tear on it- I think it will look film accurate.

Brunnertrench4.jpg

The ribbing in the collar is stitched as you can see in the pictures - and I believe if it got wet then air dried- and that happend a few times it would pucker and puff a bit like it looks in the film.

Brunnertrench2.jpg

My only possible complaint is that it is a very long trenchcoat- I do not have any full length shots of Deckard to compare- but it does reach very low on the legs- below mid- calf as you can see in the pictures. I expect that might shrink up a bit as well ith wear and tear and getting wet then drying out.

Brunnertrench1.jpg

Overall I am very happy with it and I would encourage anyone on the fence to pick it up.

Brunnertrench1.jpg

Pauley,
Thanks for the review and pics!! It looks terrific. :cool
I will probably go ahead and order one. I've been looking for a Deckard coat for ages, and it looks like Abbyshot finally came thru! :thumbsup

Abbyshot - great work on this one! I'm pretty sure I'll get one of these!
However, there's a nitpicking detail about the collar that I have to point out:
6767235.jpeg

According to the insert image the blue stitching and the green one should be parallel and perpendicular to the edge of the collar. Thus there wouldn't be any red stitchings.
I hope this is easy enough to change for future versions of the coat.

Keep up your excellent work,
Stefan

Last edited:
Pauleysolo,

Thanks for the pictures and the review. It looks amazing. And I'm so glad to hear that after all of the debate about the color, it seems abbeyshot got it right.

Seeing the coat displayed, do you plan on wearing it from time to time? Or doing some real world weathering to it? Just curious. Even brand new, it looks right.

I'm going to have to start saving my pennies now. Hearing that it is a functioning coat makes the deal that much sweeter.

Ted.
Prefect42.

Good eye bug stomper!

Yes perfect42 I wil probably wear it around a bit-it does look really nice in person in its current pristine state!.

P

So Pauly,
Just out of curiosity, and knowing that this would be one person's opinion, how would you rate the coat on the following factors on a scale of 1-5?
Screen accuracy
Quality of workmanship
Overall value

If you'd rather not quantify things, that's cool. I was only curious. :)

I noticed the edge cut on the collar too, also there doesn't seem to be enough batting material inside the collar to give the quilted ribbing dimension. The color does look much better though.

I am still waiting for the Roy Batty coat though, especially after seeing the SDCC actors. I am also looking for a Gaff coat too.

Well, after seeing Indy Magnoli's second tie prototype, and enduring ten straight days of rain in San Francisco, I finally broke down and got this trenchcoat.

I could not be happier. I second everything Pauleysolo said upthread. It's extremely well-made, looks awesome, and I can't wait for it to rain again so I can go to Chinatown and get some noodles.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back