ALIEN: Romulus Props and Set Dec

rickhoward

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I can't help but be excited about the look and feel of Romulus. My hats off to the crew for doing a wonderful job creating a consistent, in-universe look and feel. I appreciated seeing both old and new items and elements at play.

The return of Tupperware 1312, now in gray (since we bought up all of the white ones back in the day) and tricked out with the WY logo. The origami velociraptor is fun. Is that an ALIEN: Isolation reference?

Attachments

• 2024-08-22_16-07-20.png
    2024-08-22_16-07-20.png
    593.7 KB · Views: 147
  • 20240822_095647.jpg
    20240822_095647.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 140
The origami velociraptor is fun. Is that an ALIEN: Isolation reference?
I think the Romulus and Isolation origami were nods to the Blade Runner origami unicorn. There are also some other subtle interconnections between the two worlds...

From a Screen Rant article:
One of the most evident examples of their (Blade Runner and Alien franchises) interconnection can be found in the ship's dossier, accessible as an extra feature on the 20th anniversary Alien DVD from 1999, which includes the files of all the crew, and mentions Dallas performing duties for the Tyrell Corporation.

Attachments

• BladeRunnerOrigami.jpg
    BladeRunnerOrigami.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 66
  • AlienIsolationOrigami.jpg
    AlienIsolationOrigami.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 66
  • DallasTyrellCorp.jpg
    DallasTyrellCorp.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 64
I can't find any information online, just a few pics, but what is the backpack device they use a couple times in the film to blast dry ice / cold jet stream? That seems like a fun prop to do.

Back