Anakin Starkiller FX V2 - Aging Weathering & Stencil Tutorial (Master Thread)

IT HAPPENED IT HAPPENED!!! We got 50 degree weather today!!!!! You know what this means!!!??

CLEAR COAT!!!!

IMG_7899.jpg

So you clear coat everything except the windvane and thin necks?

Yup, I burn the windvane with acetone, leaving glossy patches here and there. You don’t want to matte finish the windvane, if you do it wont reflect correctly in the flash picture when simulating Brandon’s Facebook profile picture

The benefit to the clear to seal the aluminum. After the acid dip if left out in the air it will oxidized and pit... I showed a picture of a experimented piece. Dipping it and not sealing it

Yup, I burn the windvane with acetone, leaving glossy patches here and there. You don’t want to matte finish the windvane, if you do it wont reflect correctly in the flash picture when simulating Brandon’s Facebook profile picture

I can vouch for the windvane technique. The results look absolutely perfect. My photos show the browns more prominently than they appear to the naked eye. It’s very subtle in person.

I grabbed it on amazon, months of searching. There was only 1 with the correct finish. Took amazon 4 times to send me the right one.. the 3 time the sent me the 2nd one I sent back, back to me!! I literally just sent it back and they sent the same one lol

I haven’t seen one on there since

dude, what a series! You have put so much time and effort into detailing this process and the information in these videos is invaluable, not only for building a V2 but just general prop building, metal working, weathering, etc.

I hope you guys fully appreciate how awesome this is that halliwax organized and followed through with a complete video series on his favorite lightsaber just out of the love for the prop, the hobby, and the community.

Member of the year!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back