ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

No they didn't have to, but i'm not sure how that option on refunds is expected to help them. If anything it's going to reduce pre-orders.

I agree that it will reduce pre-orders but I think they laid out very clearly how it will help them. The refunds were defunding the runs of product and they hope to stem that issue by not offering refunds until after a run is complete. Will that work? I have no idea, but they clearly think it will make a difference to make such an unpopular move.

I agree that it will reduce pre-orders but I think they laid out very clearly how it will help them. The refunds were defunding the runs of product and they hope to stem that issue by not offering refunds until after a run is complete. Will that work? I have no idea, but they clearly think it will make a difference to make such an unpopular move.

It is unpopular, yes, but I actually agree with it. I think it is the right move.

And to whoever is trying to hack me, "darthjones" is not a password.

Tell me out in the open where I am being unnecessarily offensive or out of line.

Last edited:
When was the last time ANOVOS shipped a major pre-order?

Has anyone received their orders for the Star Trek models or weapons which were supposedly being built in the USA by local model builders.

When was the last time ANOVOS shipped a major pre-order?

Has anyone received their orders for the Star Trek models or weapons which were supposedly being built in the USA by local model builders.

They recently shipped all of the Rey Jakku costumes. And maybe some other stuff but that is the recent, major fulfillment. Like three weeks ago.

I talked to one of the girls at the booth at Celebration. I was asking her about the First Order TK helmet, she said probably late summer it would be in stock for me to buy because I told her, “no offense, I won’t go the preorder route”. She responded that she understood my reservation with that

Last edited:
I talked to one of the girl’s at the booth at Celebration. I was asking her about the First Order TK helmet, she said probably late summer it would be in stock for me to buy because I told her “no offense, I won’t go the preorder route”. She responded that she understood my reservation with that

Polite and perfect.

:)

rspm.jpg

And not stopping until they get it right is something
This line makes me laugh considering all the QC issues they've had and how their helmets are sanitized. For example wrong texture on Kylo, Tie helmets are a different shape and look than the RS Tie, Rey X-wing helmet is oversized.
I know there will be people that disagree, but Anovos gets way too much credit for delivering "quality".

This line makes me laugh considering all the QC issues they've had and how their helmets are sanitized. For example wrong texture on Kylo, Tie helmets are a different shape and look than the RS Tie, Rey X-wing helmet is oversized.
I know there will be people that disagree, but Anovos gets way too much credit for delivering "quality".

Granted, I have only handled a FO tie helmet, Vader gloves, and a Kylo helmet. But, in general, not stopping until you get it right is a good thing, not a bad thing.

I thought Kylo head pretty good!

I have 6 of their helmets. Paint issues on Poe's helmet and the cracks in the chrome that developed on the Phasma helmet have been the only issues I've run into. Not a fan of any of the Vader stuff except the belt boxes.

Granted, I have only handled a FO tie helmet, Vader gloves, and a Kylo helmet. But, in general, not stopping until you get it right is a good thing, not a bad thing.

I thought Kylo head pretty good!
The point I was trying to get across is that Anovos doesn't get it right in terms of complete accuracy and QC.

I have 6 of their helmets. Paint issues on Poe's helmet and the cracks in the chrome that developed on the Phasma helmet have been the only issues I've run into. Not a fan of any of the Vader stuff except the belt boxes.
Yup, paint and cracking on the Poe. The Phasma helmet cracking along with the Kylo helmets cracking now over time or shipped with poor assembly. The horrible quality of the Rogue One gloves, Their PCR FO TK helmet had huge gaps and plastic so thin light went through it, TK armor has really thin plastic so it cracks easily, I've had to send helmets back a few times due to cracks or paint chips.
These are just the issues seen here on the RPF, reviews on BBB, Facebook and Reddit

To be fair, Anovos has unprecedented access to everything they are attempting to copy. And not stopping until they get it right is something we all stand by. I have never even considered a refund for that reason. Their prototypes at least seem to be top notch with regard to what interests me.

The delay is not based on them striving to ensure things are correct, it's poor business practices.

Maybe someone else has more info on this but I am pretty sure the prototypes are basically and lack of a better term, like a well crafted fan made items. Not that I am trying to say they shouldn't be. I mean, that's how you do it. You get an artisan to construct a prototype based on best sourced materials, and that becomes your prototype. MR used to use Larbel sabers from his previous runs to market coming soon items. My point is just because a prototype looks certain way, it does not mean that is what is coming off the production line.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back