Any chance of disabling the ability to choose dark colored text?

Gytheran

Sr Member
Or maybe have an automatic color switch built in so that those of us with the Star Wars skin don't have to highlight everything to read what's being written?

Those of us that use the standard skin feel the same way when folks use a white or light yellow text color. An automatic color change would be nice, but I don't know if it would be practical.

Or maybe have an automatic color switch built in so that those of us with the Star Wars skin don't have to highlight everything to read what's being written?
It's not really plausible when people choose the font color. It'll be easier to have people not use font colors...

If only the software could auto detect SPOILERS and immediately turn it to black text.

Last edited by a moderator:
If only the software could auto detect SPOILERS and immediately turn it to black text.
Actually, that's a feature we've considered. It doesn't turn the text to black, but it's like a quote tag, where you'd do something like:

Padme died. NOOOOoOoooOoooooOOOOoooo!!!! :cry

And the software would automatically parse what's inside and add a "click for spoiler" or something similar to this idea, anyway. Good ideas.

Neat. I'm glad I'm not the only one w/ this problem. Is there at least a way to get the word out for the time being for people to try and choose thier colors a little more wisely? Let them know that not everyone has a black background or a white background. Just like a sticky in each topic or something?

It's possible, but from experience people tend to not read stuck threads or announcements, even. I could use the bright red, blinking text, but it's obnoxious so I'll save them for board updates and such.

The easiest/best thing to do is to PM the person and fill them in on why their post was hard to read. When we have more skins, this will be an even larger issue, so... yep.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back