Aquaman Movie Suit Help

CaptainCoot

Hey everyone, lately I've been fascinated with the Aquaman movie costume and how they made it, as I would love to make it myself
aquaman-box-office.jpg

I am absolutely dumbfounded by how they made this thing practical and be able to move in it, while still looking like a beautiful Greek statue, I'm honestly in love with this thing
rev-1-amn-cc-trl-93852_high_res_jpeg.jpg

I'm thinking if I want to make this, I should start off with a spandex body suit and build off from there, how, that's where I'm having trouble. Maybe make foam armor-like pieces and cover them in thin foam scales? But that doesn't sound practical, any help is wanted, thank you :)

Check ouT The Ring lord . They sell Scalemail making supplies. It may be a bit pricey, but you can go to there inspiration page and get ideas, Also see techniques for working with scales. Also Youtube has several videos explaining hoe to make scalemail. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
This may or may not help, it has some good details at least:

Once the artwork illustration team finalized the patterns and designs, the digital files were sent to Los Angeles-based printer Karen Winn of By Design, who has "perfected" a specialized heat process to create a "rubberized print" onto four-way stretch fabric. Barrett's team then heat-pressed a "foil-product" onto long sheets of the rubberized texture, which finally arrived with the textile arts department. "Then we hand-painted all of the final layer of wet-look and tint onto the top of that," Barrett explains. "It's a longish process."

https://fashionista.com/2019/01/2018-aquaman-movie-costumes

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back