Avengers: Endgame (Pre-release)

This is new

8EDAA20E-BEB9-45A5-A0F7-BD4763A11E35.png

Got my tickets through the Fandando app for the fan event and it went straight through...eventually. The only time I saw that wait screen was when I tried to get tickets for the other Thursday night showings.

Tried to get em at AMC and the site has been frozen since 8 am PST. Kinda crazy. I dont understand why they did this just a few weeks before the actual showing. For star wars, they were being sold MONTHS in advance. Are they taking a page out of apple/nintendos play book to generate even MORE hype? Its frustrating. Everyone already wants to see this movie, I hate these crappy tactics. I want to buy something, let me buy the damn thing.

I managed to snag 1 of 2 seats left for the Thursday night showing. It's going to be rough getting up at 5:30 for work the next day...I saw an add for Cinemark thing for Thursday that included free popcorn and a coin but can't find anything. Are the fan events all different?

I saw an ad for Cinemark thing for Thursday that included free popcorn and a coin but can't find anything. Are the fan events all different?
It depends on the film, to a large degree. When TFA came out, each theater chain had different swag, for instance. For these, though, every theater/chain participating gets the coin(s), with variations in concessions (free small popcorn and drink for Regal, regular drink for AMC, medium popcorn for Cinemark...).

Also, holy carp! Cinemark is doing a 22-film MCU movie marathon starting the 23rd and going all the way up through the early showing of Endgame. That comes with an exclusive poster, blanket, and comfort kit in addition to the coin, as well as having unlimited-refill drink and popcorn and discounted coffee, hot dogs, candy, and Monster.

This morning was a nightmare. Woke up, hopped into Fandango to get my tickets for Thursday night, but was put into a queue with no countdown. Since I didn't know how long I'd have to wait, I went to work. One I got there, I opened up a few more queues for various showtimes and formats, but all were over an hour wait. Luckily, one of my co-workers hopped into a queue for me and got in in 3 minutes. He snagged me 2 great seats in a standard format showing. I waited it out in an IMAX queue for Friday night as well and got mediocre seats, but at least I get to see it twice opening week!

Makes me miss not living in a big city...I never had these issues in the midwest haha.

Got my FIRST choice seats at one of the better theaters in Seattle at 505am this morning for early afternoon Sunday show after friends from Mexico were blowing up my phone. Tried all day to get tickets at a theater in Cancun (as we will be there 25-27 April) with no luck. After I got home from work this afternoon and tried the desktop. Snagged 4 tickets for myself in Cancun to go with friends on Friday night and will be seeing it back home Sunday afternoon.

Good grief!!! The presale tickets for this are breaking records everywhere!!!!

"Due to the high demand when pre-sale tickets became available on April 2, 2019, customers on both Atom Tickets and Fandango experienced long wait times and system delays, while AMC Theatres' website and app crashed completely for several hours. The same day, Fandango announced the film became its top-selling pre-sale title for the first 24 hours, topping Star Wars: The Force Awakens' old record in just six hours. Atom said it was also its best selling first-day film (outselling Aquaman by four-times) and Regal Cinemas reported that Endgame had sold more tickets in its first eight hours than Infinity War did in its entire first week."

Runtime confirmed as 3 hrs 2 mins.

Last edited:
Side note: whats up with all this viglink crap making links out of random words? (that go to ebay auctions even??)

WTH?

I thought we were done with all this obtrusive ad non-sense?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back