Interest Aztec Sonic Screwdriver Kit

And if one would buy one, will the emitter dome and the end cap be coloured? And will the microswitch and the button case be included?

Hey blue box,

I think you might have your 20 that you're looking for on this project. May want to give this another try. :)

Hey all,

Truth be told, I've been out on a propmaking hiatus for a while, and I wasn't expecting this to gain as much interest as it did. I will try to dig out the files regarding the aztec and do a final prototype to nail down some issues with the O-ring seal and other dimensional details which I had been having. Right now I'm away from home but I expect to be back within a week or so.

Also, my current workload makes hand-finishing these kits literally prohibitive, so I will not be able to offer finished kits, but I know for a fact that there are members who are extremely skilled with crackle paint and soldering. If this gets off the ground, and if they're willing, I'll point people who get the kits to them.

Sorry about the long absence, and, well...

I guess I'm back!

Thanks for the update. I would be one who definitely will need those name references.

Hey all,

Truth be told, I've been out on a propmaking hiatus for a while, and I wasn't expecting this to gain as much interest as it did. I will try to dig out the files regarding the aztec and do a final prototype to nail down some issues with the O-ring seal and other dimensional details which I had been having. Right now I'm away from home but I expect to be back within a week or so.

Also, my current workload makes hand-finishing these kits literally prohibitive, so I will not be able to offer finished kits, but I know for a fact that there are members who are extremely skilled with crackle paint and soldering. If this gets off the ground, and if they're willing, I'll point people who get the kits to them.

Sorry about the long absence, and, well...

I guess I'm back!

Hey everyone

I've located the pertinent CAD files, so now it's just a matter of updating everything and getting a final prototype made. If you have any suggestions regarding the accuracy or whatnot, I'd be happy to take another look at some reference or listen to some suggestions about the piece. To start some discussion I'll be posting some drawings of the latest model as soon as it's cleaned up.

Also, I'm only going to be getting busier throughout the second half of this year, so I might not be able to actually accept payments and begin the run until January-ish. Hopefully, that isn't the case, but just a heads-up for all you interested folks.

:cheers

As I've said before, I have CAD files of the emitter that were made with exact measurements taken from the original prop. I'd be glad to offer them to you in exchange for a couple parts.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back