Interest Aztec Sonic Screwdriver Kit

Update:
I've finally been able to get this ball actually rolling.
Instead of just having the model I had machined, I believe it would be better to get some input from the community and approach the design of the replica from a more collaborative perspective. There were issues with the old model which I would not have spotted if not for the knowledge of others, and I am doing my best to update the CAD and make it as accurate as possible.

So I've come up with a rough new model for the body which more accurately replicates the geometry of the grip. I have used the reference which has been expertly compiled by Terrasolo here. The ridges turned out to be a lot more amorphous in form than what I had originally outlined. I will probably refine the profile a bit more though, so it fits the profile more accurately.
I will also be regularly online and in contact now, so if you would like to help out with the development of the replica, feel free to send me a PM. I'd love to hear any and all feedback, and take a look at any fresh references.

Attachments

• render of model.PNG
    render of model.PNG
    384.5 KB · Views: 293
I’m in if this happens for real, would effects be added to the build or not? Just out of curiosity!

Regards, Alberto.
Currently, I am doing my best to make sure that the CAD is as accurate as can possibly be. I'll assess the possibility of any FX later—although I think it should be possible to make a sound+lights board with an Attiny85, if those are still around...

Currently, I am doing my best to make sure that the CAD is as accurate as can possibly be. I'll assess the possibility of any FX later—although I think it should be possible to make a sound+lights board with an Attiny85, if those are still around...

Thanks for the prompt reply!
Not a super expert on screwdriver boards but I’ll inspect things out!
Regards,
Alberto

I’m intrested in getting one, but will there be an option for one with just only the light functionality and no sounds?
For the moment, I plan to offer these as kits that can be bought and assembled yourself—wiring up an LED is a reasonably simple task so it would not take long as a DIY task. However, I do hope to at least offer the sonics as assembled pieces with the electronics for white LEDs already equipped.

Also, update:
I have tweaked the dimensions of the emitter head and the ball connector, and I have also refined the connecting point.
The emitter head also threads directly onto the ball section now, so it can be easily removed if needed.

Attachments

• Emitter Head Assy.PNG
    Emitter Head Assy.PNG
    201.7 KB · Views: 203
  • Emitter.PNG
    Emitter.PNG
    158.2 KB · Views: 203
Update: Still alive, just had a busy few weeks.

Getting a new SLA printer so I can make prototypes quickly and then have fewer issues with revisions when it comes to machining.
More to come.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back