Bandai release schedule

Other possible Bandai offering: The jetpack FO Trooper in that desert chase shot. So along with the red trooper, we could be getting at least two new figures.

First Order Treadspeeder:

Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 3.03.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 3.03.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 3.03.38 PM.png

A neat design. By the display card, I'm assuming that the Resistance has area denial countermeasures that ensure forces will not be able to move speedily over terrain, forcing soldiers to dismount fast transportation and move on foot or by these vehicles. A slower target is always easier to hit.
So I'm assuming there will be ground mines as well.

TazMan2000

I mean it's a speeder with tank treads; it's a very apt name.

But isn't the point of a "speeder" is that it hovers above the ground so treads or wheels aren't needed? According to the sign, countermeasures can now essentially deactivate a speeder. The skyways of Coruscant are going to be a disaster zone! Not that it matters, of course. Some of my favorite things in Star Wars are the things that make the least sense.:lol:

Perhaps it's designed to mount tall urban blocks, rubble, and rocky terrain that a normal landspeeder's repulser lifts wouldn't get it high enough to get over? It still hovers like a normal landspeeder, but the treads give it an assist over uneven ground. This gives it an edge over normal landspeeders like the Occupier tank or the X-34 landspeeder, which both have a tendency to hug the ground.

But isn't the point of a "speeder" is that it hovers above the ground so treads or wheels aren't needed?

I feel that the treads are one the things that let it "avoid countermeasures" as per the description. Funny, everyone knows how to disable a hover mechanism in universe, but NOBODY was prepared for tank treads.

The technology exists to blow up planets and fly faster than light, but no one apparently can imagine putting a hand grenade under a tank tread. :cry:

I think the words your looking for is "thermal detonator". :lol:

The technology seems odd now, but wait until the movie is released. Our mouths will either hang in amazement or shock.

TazMan2000

I think the words your looking for is "thermal detonator". :lol:

The technology seems odd now, but wait until the movie is released. Our mouths will either hang in amazement or shock.

TazMan2000

True that. I'm hoping it's amazing.

I've been reflecting on the trailer all day. Not on the trailer itself so much, but my reaction to it and to listening to the panel discussion at the convention. The moment that stood out for me was when Joonas Suotamo, the new Chewie, answered the question, "Why do you think people love Chewie so much?" And he said (and this isn't an exact quote), "When I was little, I saw Chewbacca and I realized 'there's a place for me in the world. Whether you're big or small, somewhere there is a place where you fit in.'" I love that and it reminded me of why I love Star Wars. Because I was that kid in 1977. An outsider. The kid who didn't fit in. I think we all were, to some degree. We were Chewie. We were Luke. But then I thought to myself cynically, "Yeah, well, tell that to Jar Jar." And I was reminded of everything I hate about Star Wars -- and it's not Star Wars itself or the characters. Even Jar Jar. It's some of the fans. The loud, oh-so-smug fans that get off on dumping on the parts of Star Wars they don't like -- and waging never-ending internet campaigns to make other fans miserable until their demands are met. Sometimes I catch myself being that fan and those are the moments I kinda hate myself. Because Star Wars isn't supposed to be that. Fans get so protective and territorial about it. Suddenly everything needs to fit into these narrowly defined little boxes. If something doesn't quite fit in -- be it Ewoks or Jar Jar or Rose Tico -- those things must be destroyed. The bullied becomes the new bully. I certainly don't want to be 'that guy' when it comes to Star Wars. So I hope the movie is good and things like "treadspeeders" make sense. And if they don't, I'll try to focus more on the things I liked rather than the things I didn't.

The Star Wars franchise didn't become what it is because the movies or the characters were bad. I think our level of expectation has increased immensely in later years. For example, if I may add a Star Trek example into s Star Wars thread, that people still watch TOS, not because the special effects were astounding, but it was because of the characters and the story were good, in addition we can look back and reflect on parts of our childhood. Isn't that what some of us have lost? The ability to look at the world through the eyes of a child? I suppose, as you get older your level of knowledge increases, and you become more cynical. Separating the real from the unreal, what is believable to what is not, what is possible to what isn't. I think that can reduce your enjoyment of most things. But a child does not analyse things much as adults do. It either likes something or doesn't.

Of course you've heard the old adage "You can please some of the people some of the time...". Everyone can have their opinion, but that doesn't affect what I think. Buts, yes, it bugs me when a few loud voices try and tell everyone that what they think is what everyone should think. But that's what forums like this have become...outlets for nasty voices who think everyone should think as they do.

I applaud you Hunk a Junk for stating your opinion and sharing a part of your childhood memories.

TazMan200

Thanks Taz. Just to be clear, I wasn't faulting you or anyone here for any reason. It was more a reaction based on myself. It's easy even for me to fall into sarcasm and cynicism that ignores when I may be pushing people's buttons. I want to spend more time enjoying things like Star Wars than ragging on them, even when it isn't quite what I want it to be.

As a younger fan whose first real introduction to the galaxy far, far away was the prequel trilogy (specifically Revenge of the Sith) it's refreshing to see posts like above.

It's really disheartening to see "fans" use no true Scotsman on other fans for liking certain characters or preferring X over Y and I'm glad to see the old guard defend the next generation.

Haha. No offence taken Hunk a Junk. But since the SW franchise is now owned by Disney, perhaps we should all follow (up to a point) what Thumper's mother taugh him in Bambi. Paraphrasing..."If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all".

But if we follow that to the letter, this would be a pretty boring place. I think we all know there are some people that can never be pleased.

TazMan2000

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back