Wingchundub

Hi everyone,
This is new to me coming from horror cosplay costumes., so i thought i'd introduce myself.
I am from the UK adn make in spare time costumes horror related for past 5 year.
I wanted a change and something i dearly want to do, as it suits me personally.
Personally i feel the trilogy of nolan's,, is in my opinion, the best batman movies.

I have been out of the cosplay scene for over 17 months and now i've come back, i want a change from usual horror conventions.

I have raised money for charities in the past in my jason voorhees cosplays and winning two convention events, which made me realise that i am putting more work into the costume than i thought, thou i entered merely for the fun.

I have decided i want to replicate Tom hardy's version of bane as i am same body build, height and weight.

I have spent past 10 weeks on a protein diet and weight training, which i will continue for the fore seeable future as i can now see the benefits, plus i want to look right to play the part.

I am 5ft 10in medium build, i am currently sitting at 218lbs, 20lbs over tom hardy as bane, and training to get the size and look right.

I've been doing alot of research, spending weeks, day's and hours watching and freezing the movie.

I am going for two looks, not usual big swed/french jacket combination and vest, but the take over of plane at beginning and the stock exchange look.

So far i've managed to obtain the biker coat and vest which are en route, of course i will need to modify them.

Gauntlet, pant's and mask are also being made.

Boots, i will be getting after new year as ended.

But some pics, of me before in late September and now, plus the looks i am going for.

Will keep you upto date with updates and looking forward to getting to know you all on here.

Best wishes

Last edited:
Hey bud, this mission sounds great! Looking forward to seeing you put it all together. Sounds like you have a great plan.

I wanted to also mention that there is a new Facebook group called Nolan’s Knights. It’s dedicated to the Nolan / Bale era. Your Bane would fit right in if you’d like to join and share your progress there too.

Hey bud, this mission sounds great! Looking forward to seeing you put it all together. Sounds like you have a great plan.

I wanted to also mention that there is a new Facebook group called Nolan’s Knights. It’s dedicated to the Nolan / Bale era. Your Bane would fit right in if you’d like to join and share your progress there too.

Thank you Rick.

Coat and vest both en route, will get courier tags made and have the reflective material covered in centre with material sewn.
Buttons on jacket pockets, will either paint, or see if i can have some material over them

As regards fb page, i would love to join up, this is my first comic style related costume i am doing.

Best wishes
Peter

Last edited:
A little update.
Got pants close that I can get to movie ones bought, they arrived, as the crye gen 1s are virtually impossible to come buy, and the black top came also.
I plan on doing the piping in the back of the top where it is on bane, down centre of the spine.
The pants I am in talks with a machinist and going to have the bottom part of legs on pants, matching the same material and colour as the knee area, and will get the straps lengthened.
Coat should be here tomorrow according to the seller, looking forward to that a lot.

Best wishes
Peter

Wife took image whilst I was training
Hard work, but genuinely loving it

View attachment 964657

Last edited:
Looking good! Can you point me to (a link?) wherever I can get those pants? Thanks!!
Hi bud, it was a seller on the bay, was going to make costume, but financial circumstances forced him to sell.
Wasn't a shop of there.
The tailor has them now for the modifications.

This bane costume seems to be giving me some grief lol.

Received mask with big visible flaws aka chunks in the latex, that will be going back,in talks with maker, whom as suggested that he will be doing a new mould for new year and i'll be first to get it, hopefully.

The jacket, the seller sent next day delivery before 1pm with parcel farce on Thursday, should had been here friday, still not here, seller not amused.

So 3 main items i am currently without or can not be used lol.

Fun times haha

Last edited:
So pants have come back, same day the vest came and I am absolutely chuffed to bits.

So happy with pants and his work.
So much, I've sent him packing with my new vest for modification lol

Company is Manchester Tailoring on facebook.

The detail and work is like factory new.

I can not find a single issue, not even a stitch out.
Material exact match and colour.
Removed outer leg material and replaced it, keeping inner as it was, as the crye 1's are.
The work is superb.
Will need weathering.
I would recommended this chap to anyone whom is needing costume work, or any type of work on clothing needed.
Very polite, superb work, prices and service is really really good.

Before and after of pants

Last edited:
Didn't think anyone would be interested in fitness side of it.
Thou personally I have two friends whom are bodybuilders whom I went too for advice on clean bulking.
By all means i can do that certainly, thou for example my shakes are all natural ingredients, no whey, creatine etc as i don't trust them.
The whey in pic on right, belongs to one of my son's, soft lad will only take shakes that way haha.
8 egg whites, tablespoon peanut butter, 60g oats, 3 tablespoon fat free yogurt, one banana and touch of skimmed milk to top off.
I have one for breakfast, then 4 meals a day consisting of Turkey mince, pasta, jacket potato, some veg thou not a lot, chicken, each meal will vary each day, aslong as I get 40 to 50g protein in each, then have another pre workout shake.
Friday evening is my cheat meal consisting of 12 veg pizza.
But thank you and yes I will do that.
Best wishes

Last edited:
Also noticed "Wing Chun" in your nickname.Fan,student or neither?
Just wondering

I am student of 16 year in Wingchun.
I have a tattoo seen in pictures of the mook yan yong in the mountains and put my sifu's name at bottom of it, as a thank you for, shall we say, calming me and giving me self control, if in any situation of life.
As I was a naughty chap when younger lol.
Wingchun calmed me a lot and as taught me invaluable lessons.
Best wishes

Last edited:
Awesome.Dreams are the best drive to keep the flow going.
I practised wing chun for four years and had a blast.Then my sifu passed away,rest his soul.

My last workout towards bane cosplay, for 2018.
Celebratory cheat meal tonight for new year 2 x 12 pizzas

All the best for 2019 everyone
Beat wishes
Peter

Last edited:
Is the mask one solid piece? Is it pretty easy to get on? I saw on their website that it fits up a 24 inch head, is that accurate? Thanks.

Sean

Is the mask one solid piece? Is it pretty easy to get on? I saw on their website that it fits up a 24 inch head, is that accurate? Thanks.

Sean
I am 24 and it's snug.
I am left with the letter V on forehead lol.
It's slightly flexy latex rubber, and is easy to move about, but firm aswell.
I am thinking of placing some thing layer of padding to improve comfort.
Makes you sweat for sure after 15 minutes, so can be slightly uncomfy.
But maybe with more wear time, it will slacker slightly.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back