Update on Bane costume.
Stripes added to courier vest by the same guy whom did my pants, Manchester_tailoring.
Just in talks with having the logos made for front and back and also having gloves custom made.

Also finally found, very long winded I may add, the closest belt to one bane is wearing, pretty exact match I think, very happy.

Bit by bit, it's coming together, some more additions to come, then weathering, and make sure I am right build.

Last edited:
Courier vest patches currently being made, this is a test, just get the red slightly darker, and get them ready for sewing onto the gilet / vest

Last edited:
These are test patches for colour matching to reflective stripes.
Tested with a clear material pressed on top for the courier patch look, but doesn't look right, colour is off.
The ocd in me haha.
Think I may have found perfect item I can use to protect the material and logos underneath, and will give me an opportunity to weather the logos before they are sealed in clear plastic material before mounting to vest.
Will update, but it's getting close.
Helmet has arrived, for me to tear down, sand fill and paint.
Plenty to do over next few months

Last edited:
Quick update as been way too busy.

Wanted to get helmet out of way which is a prop i will only actually wear during convention entrances etc, i don't ride motorcycles, thou i'd love too for this lol.

Anyway i brought a cheap helmet, not exact match, but i stripped it, removed vents and fiber glassed them, sanded and painted, then did visor.

Last edited:
Courier vest finally finished.
Logos, I've removed reflection, rubbing down with very fine wire wool and weathered them.
Also removed the very annoying reflective thin strips sewn at either sides of zip, as they have been removed in the movie.
An hour, damn hour just to do zip area alone, picking away.
This costume better turn out right after this, otherwise I'll be doing more than just smashing batman's face in

Will get started on pants weekend, then start on biker jacket, whilst I wait for my 3 final items over next few month to arrive.

Last edited:
Bore you with my body progress and work on props, whilst waiting on Boots, Tactical vest and new mask.
Getting more closer to Tom hardys bane.
I don't look it, but believe me, I am very pleased with my progress, and positive advice and guidance from friends whom have kept me positive throughout.
It has taken me nearly 6 months to get to this stage, of very hard work all new to me.

Normal pair of leather gloves modified to replicate the River Road Gauntlet gloves as bane wore

Last edited:
Update in bane costume, vest now in my hands.
Courier jacket I have removed labels fully and colour matched the pocket buttons, as covering them would be costly.
The helmet I have just fitted logo and will install 2 x studs at lower rear.

Mask is being made, few other touch ups and it will be complete.

Last edited:
Helmet complete
Yes not exact model, as I simply can not get one in my size, so this is closest I can get too, thus the little additions to match one in movie

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back