Barbican Vader Saber Questions

DexAntares

I only recently learned about the Barbican style Dath Vader lightsaber and it's swiftly become my favorite version of his weapon. I'd love to convert an existing ANH or ESB hilt into something close to the Barbican. Does anybody know where I could find certain parts such as the greeblie that runs along the back of the emitter?

This thread here has TON of info and some maxing builds, it’s a long read but 100% worth it

Starkiller and you are working on this project? I am working on this project, i thought this was public knowledge

I mean, if this is true, this is such a blow for me, I have been turning this every direction in my head for two hours, I don't know what to say. AS has been saying to me in private how excited he was for me to bring this and now you guys are doing it? I don't get it, I really don't, I have no words...

I’m so sorry ethan, I had no idea you guys were talking about doing this. I’m going to step back, I really want you to produce these, but honestly can’t remember you saying you were 100% doing a run. I do remember trying to twist your arm into doing it for us

I would really love to see you and starkiller make this happen for the community.

I have stated and mean it when your model is the most accurate to date. And how you have replicated this all by hand is truly mind blowing to me..

Please keep me updated, because we could really use these parts, the barbican gets no love

I’m so sorry for screwing this all up

thank you for your message Danny, I appreciate the answer,
I'm very confused by the situation, as I guess it was obvious from my earlier distressed messages... i hope that we can discuss this with Dan, it's just all very confusing since we already discussed this project in private and I even reiterated to him in another conversation yesterday that this project was my priority for next year.
I was indeed planning to do it, I thought it was very clear, even publicly and this was indeed my priority until it got delayed by the Hoth scanner parts run that I was asked to take over.
I hope we can clear this up, and yes, finally bring this cool sabers to the community (square shroud AND Barbican).

Alright, Dan reached out as well and it was indeed a mis-understanding or over-excitement over those sabers and there is no bad blood between any of us, Halliwax, Anakin Starkiller and myself!
I'm sorry for reacting emmotionaly, this project is a big deal to me and I got overwhelmed by Halliwax's message!

we need to discuss this more in depth with those guys, but it looks like I'm still bringing this project, both the Square shroud saber and the Barbican itself next year and it's not my place to discuss what Dan and Danny have in store for you guys, but that would be a slightly different and otherwise exciting offering :)

pfiou! I'll take a deep breath now, we are too passionate about those things! :)

Thanks to Danny for posting my thread too - that’s where all the research has been happening.

The barbican is a raw aluminum tube with holes in it and a metal scratch made top and bottom. Converting a MPP Vader replica might not get you what you want, since those are thin chromed tubes with camera flash parts

I’m excited for eethans run next year

Generally the barbican looks the way it does because it was a motorized spinning saber, then emptied and drilled out for a solid core and blade for ESB, and then gutted again and molded for vaders severed hand. There is a short core plugging the emitter and an extra metal piece on the bottom now. Looks like it got a piece of the same circuit board as the bladed Luke ESB very late, since there are bubbles in the clamp of the ROTJ Cast probably from ANH

thank you Tom, I'll also link to my WIP thread as there is also quite a bit of research happening there, the 3D model building and photo matching as well as the prototyped parts!

hopefully, this can move forward soon :)

Truth be told I don't plan to go for 100% accuracy on this one. That's why I planned to start with an ESB Vader hilt. Easier to convert once (if) I'm able to get some of the parts for the Barbican version. It'll be like my own personal idealized version. I was thinking of calling it the "Barbikinda," just to be silly about it~

IIRC the Barbican and the Luke 'pipe stunt' were both used in ANH? Do we think both might have been cut from the same aluminum tube?
Quite possibly. It definitely seems the one surviving pipe stunt was cut from 1/16 wall aluminum. The barbican… probably, I’m thinking of the exposed wall under the countersunk bolts, I’ll take a picture

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back