Ben Affleck DareDevil Costume COMPLETE!

MattMunson

Master Member
For those of you who know me, you know I am not a "rush to market" kind of guy. Things move slowly here in MunsonLand. This costume has been MOSTLY done for maybe a decade, save for the cowl. When Wondercon 2024 was approaching, I knew it was time to finally finish it up.

The suit is UD Replicas.
The nun chucks are copied off a production made stunt billy club.
Cowl inner shell reproduced from a production made cowl.
Horns cast directly from a screen used piece.
Cowl leather pattern designed from screen used piece.

This is an incredibly comfortable costume. I think I wore it for 8 hours on Saturday, five of which were during LobbyCon. The cowl is comfortable and fits really well, but I need to re-do the lenses. Those were last minute additions and though they looked decent, they were nearly impossible to see out of. I should re-do the cowl, as I am not totally happy with how the leather laid down, but I have so many other projects that require my attention, I might just leave this as is.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

WOW! that looks great. My favorite Daredevil. I've got a UD replicas suit too and it's awesome. I've never been able to find a cowl to match though. No one really willing to take the time and do the leather over the shell ever since the TV series came out. Looks great! Congrats

I might offer a kit eventually. The bummer is the leather part is REALLY difficult. Not just the sew up, but the glue down. I probably did five or six prototypes before I got it "right" and even then the glue down was super problematic.

This looks amazing! What did you use for the angel and devil symbols on the billy club? Those are the last pieces I need to finish mine.

This looks amazing! What did you use for the angel and devil symbols on the billy club? Those are the last pieces I need to finish mine.

Those were cast into the master. Though if memory serves, the originals were cast from a daredevil statue that was a licensed product.

Matt, I love this suit. I've wanted one ever since I first saw it in 2003, but alas, I was very young and even by the time UD did their suit I still did not have "adult money"...I'll just live vicariously through you! Great job, Devil!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back