Beverley Hills Cop Jacket

sleepless

Sr Member
Hi

Can anyone tell me where I might find a black and white Detroit Lions Jacket like Eddie Murphy wore in Beverley Hills Cop?

regards

Brad

I think the these are the same jackets, but in the movie Eddie Murphy bunches up the sleeves so you can't really see the cuffs. Also the filters that are used in filming always tweak the color of screen used props/wardrobe. If someone can get some screen caps we can see about the waist.

i looked over the movie for the other pins(theres actually 5 pins total), since im making one of these jackets as well...these are two of the three other pins....the tigers one is the one in the center on his jacket...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230186188684
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300080053726

this one im going to use as the fifth pin...i couldn't positively identify it like the other two, but, it makes sense continuity wise...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130162617505

Well, take a look here:

http://www.impawards.com/1987/posters/beverly_hills_cop_ii.jpg

There are blue stripes around the cuffs. Also, this is not the classic varsity jacket (wool center, leather sleeves) this is all around a softer material, hence the sleeves staying up all the time. I'm convinced the jacket in the link above is actually the correct jacket (100% polyester). The only real difference I can notice is the helmet logo on the breast. The one he has is the older logo (black lion and black trim) where this one is the new logo with the light blue lion and light blue trim. Honestly, who's going to notice? If you really wanted to, you can dye it. Either way, I for one think this is it. Good find!

you know, i remember thinking last time i watched the movie, that it was odd that his sleeves stayed up... leather sleeves would have been a bear to make stay....i think you're right funky.

if you're gonna get it, get it NOW, because i went to order an XL, waited about an hour out of procrastination, and the XL was gone....i had to buy an XXL...after i bought it, the XXL size went away....

anyone here buy an XL jacket and want to trade for an XXL?
i want to actually wear this jacket, and its a little too big for me...

Ok Here are some screen grabs of the badges and the ones I have bought. I am 99% sure on 4 of them its just the badge in the top right corner I am not sure of.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brad

cap057(1024x576).jpg

cap059(800x450).jpg

cap062(800x450).jpg

The top right hand badge is the one I am not sure of

6c_1.jpg

This is the one I bought that I think may be right.

0d8c_1.jpg

0a3a_1.jpg

8f_1.jpg

Lions_Logo.jpg

These four I am fairly sure of.

Here are 2 pics of the Jacket I scored on Ebay

Jan28thB042(800x600).jpg

Jan28thB046(800x600).jpg

Re: Beverly Hills Cop Jacket

Excellent job on sourcing the jacket and pins! :thumbsup

With regard to that fifth pin: the pin in the screencaps appears to me to represent a helmet facing to the right rather than to the left. It seems to be rotated clockwise of correct orientation, so that it's "looking" downward, with the facemask between five and six o'clock:

3821238.jpeg

Does it look that way to anybody else?

It also looks to me as if the pin may be sporting a three-bar (as opposed to a two-bar) facemask.

More like this (although the colors in the facemask area of this one don't look right).

3468727.gif

You're doing a great job putting this jacket together. Keep it up! :) :thumbsup

Thanks for hosting, Pilot! :thumbsup

About the only sports team not represented there are the Detroit Pistons. Not sure what their logo looks like but might be something to look in to.

That's a good thought. But the Pistons logo is circular, patterned after a basketball. The fifth pin on the jacket looks more like a football helmet to me.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back