Limited Run Blade Runner 2049 - K's blaster....in Metal

Hey everyone,

Sorry for not responding sooner,

I hadn’t received any post notifications until faust1103 gave me a shout out. I’ll need to talk to the mods about why i’m not getting post updates for a subscribed thread.

I’ve been jumping between casting and molding and shooting video now that weather is improving here. I’m also splitting my time finishing up the previous run of Blaster cases now that it is warm enough to spray.

I have had Rocketeer 3D print me a new set of barrel grilles on his Raise as i wasn’t happy with how the resin ones turned out. I plan on casting these in resin so i can ensure of a good level of detail. I purchased a pressure pot for this to prevent material and time waste due to poor castings.

yjuG6U.jpg
JGczWG.jpg

I began casting the barrels and took some experimenting with temperatures and pour speeds, i have several successful castings.

I invested in a 65,000BTU propane burner that i can now use to heat the pewter to a higher temperature for my larger complex pours.

1Eolio.jpg
ZaxiW1.jpg

I’m currently halfway through molding the rail portion, as well as working with the engineer to fine tune the PCB file that will be sent to china for the manufacture of the circuit boards.

zdh0UY.jpg

Next up will be the rear of the barrel and the grip.

This run takes an immense amount of work, and there are a ton of things that i do behind the scenes that are not deemed important enough to post, but still important to the run.

Not to mention that i have a daytime job as well as a family that i have to balance with this run.

Most of the time, it’s the family time i sacrifice in order to stay on task.

I’m not complaining about this, as i love the work i’m doing but I need everyone to understand what it takes to produce this.

In the future, if anyone has any doubts please just give me a call.

My number can be found at the very bottom of my webpage
(Pacific Standard Time business hours)

www.brandomackproductions.com

Love what I see. Don't have the funds for the remaining amount right now, so for me it's OK if it still takes a few months ;-).

So the barrel grilles will not be made out of pewter but of resin then (and painted)?

Is it known what material the original BR2049 Hero props were made of?
Pewter as well? Resin? A mixture maybe?

So the barrel grilles will not be made out of pewter but of resin then (and painted)?

Is it known what material the original BR2049 Hero props were made of?
Pewter as well? Resin? A mixture maybe?

The props would have been resin and rubber.

Ok. Thanks.

Is it just a basic rectangular grid? The texture looks pretty irregular from the photo. Are those air bubbles?

The design shows the more accurate oval shapes within the each grid....

View attachment 1004903

I haven’t picked at it with tweezers yet.

Ok.

It's difficult to see the accuracy in the detail from the new photo compared to the design. I know I'm being quite nitpicky here but the detail in the panels were always crucial for me, and the design clearly shows the correct detail...

KBlaster WIP-24.JPG

Well... Maybe the detail shows better when they're primed.

Ok. Thanks.

Is it just a basic rectangular grid? The texture looks pretty irregular from the photo. Are those air bubbles?

The design shows the more accurate oval shapes within the each grid....

View attachment 1004903

I completely agree with Buch here. This is a very specific detail that most seem to get wrong. I know I spoke to you on the phone specifically about this very thing last year. I really hope these grill vents are going to be cleaner and closer to the accurate oval shape. I cannot stress this enough.

Everything thing else to this point has been great to my eye.

I completely agree with Buch here. This is a very specific detail that most seem to get wrong. I know I spoke to you on the phone specifically about this very thing last year. I really hope these grill vents are going to be cleaner and closer to the accurate oval shape. I cannot stress this enough.

Everything thing else to this point has been great to my eye.

Still a work in progress.

The grilles will not see silicone until perfection has been acheived.

What you see in the design is what will be delivered. This detail is one of the most important things that everyone misses.

Wow, I really hate myself, way more than I usually do for being completely oblivious to this run. I really and very truly eff’d the pooch on this.

I’m actually literally cursing at my screen right now. Profusely. Like a lunatic. I’m so disappointed.

Now, after I’ve just proved my self so very eloquently to be a such well composed and reasonable person I’d like to say...

If for *any* reason anyone drops out or you have an over run, do a second run, at any time... *please* let me know.

I have cash in hand.

1fSa35A.jpg
I'm trying to come up with a display base. I found a 3D printable version but it has its own issues. I found a model on Thingiverse and 3D printed that. Hopefully the dimensions are close enough that they might work.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back