Limited Run Blade Runner 2049 - K's blaster....in Metal

When you do the carbon fiber layup are you taking in account any offsets on top of the grips for material thickness and clear?

I agree the older Blade runner blasters are a hefty handful. That's the first thing people notice when they pick one up. My collection is moving in that direction, whenever I can switch something out with a metal version I do it. Every time I do I consider my self lucky to be in the right place at the right time, just like this run. I very much appreciate the opportunity to be a part of it.

Seriously.... K(Joe) is strong as you know what. We can just all say that Replicants get heavier guns to beat each other with when they run out of bullets. Also, my Coyle:

My PKD.jpg
My PKD.jpg
There you go.

The average pistol weighs between 3-5 pounds.
What 5 pound pistols are you packing?

; )

Even the desert eagle in 50 caliber, which is a huge handgun, is only 4 1/2 pounds. It’s so big, you can hardly hold it in your hand, unless you’re Andrey the giant or a gorilla

Last edited:
S&W Model 29? Dirty Harry... Classic

Classic… But that doesn’t weight 5 pounds !

I was surprised at how much my replica DL 44 ANH Han Solo blaster ended up weighing. A C96 with bull barrel and all the extra steel parts and scope was quite heavy. Must’ve been tough for Ford to run around with that strap to his leg No wonder they changed it in future movies.

Last edited:
Grip mold is finished, it turned out beautifully. The castings should all come out perfectly with minimal clean up.

Vrm1Tu.jpg

I also have gotten started laying out my 4 part mold for this component.
I could do it in 3, but I’m concerned it would stress the silicone too much during casting removal, so i decided to play it safe. I’m probably going to get another gallon or two from Silpak to finish everything up.

All that is left for molding now is this part, the hammer, and the action (the main block that the hammer slides on)
then i’ll do the grilles once they arrive from Shapeways (tracking says tuesday-ish)

YrcMSS.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back