Interest Blade Runner Blaster Wood Grips

DylanRose

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The prototypes are out. Next up will be the final wood versions and new material options. I have decided these will be offered on a made-to-order basis as that makes the most sense with my work schedule and I will post updated here with new materials and finishes as they become available. Stay tuned.

Ok ladies and gentlemen, we're in Beta testing. I have test-fit these on 2 different Tomenosuke blasters and they fit a little bit different on each. I guess depending on peoples sanding techniques and how the grip frame is finished there might be some slight variation from gun to gun. So here's what we're gonna do:

I have 5 prototypes made from walnut. These are not guaranteed to fit 100% so i'm going to offer them at 1/2 price with a disclaimer and a request.

DISCLAIMER: These may not fit 100%, but they'll be pretty darn close.
REQUEST:
If you purchase one of the prototype grips, please take a few pics of the fit on your blaster and send them back to me so that I can see what areas need to be adjusted for the final product. This will give me a better idea of what areas my grips are consistently off vs which are specific to my gun.

SOLD OUT - $40

2MvQkyiS2Suq6xVhagr5PUjL1ozEEJ8S74L2OmcrHPv7ZhCjaq0QAt4csK11HNHOUdTR9k3jStrGZ7vckn8=w800-h500-no.jpg

V4ZcU2fs9hUALaVCsTFskR0kfNvonzUnH-LqABqBkdY78wJREvA3MytMJ3VTvqqxfF0-hsukpKs2U9qtaa8=w800-h250-no.jpg

kN8ogKhOoHoqWCghDhh4JCmDk4vevuiHBjBaISOrUYN3LmTS09g7m-FTNY89dVmsn7etDgt3hioHEdTUJ-I=w800-h500-no.jpg

TfM-ClWX6I5BX6EV9PjKWR76M9or_6r99fH4WPUXMaHXvQt-7HnZX6D868IPvVZ-cYSY_wzWyN3je7fL-Gk=w800-h250-no.jpg

1j3TPqbLG2XR7--n5UTftVHzRgD67xc9-__1SmzOHDleNZtiJlm3bEj9aX4X-8didtewD8_SM_IJTLmuJi8=w800-h500-no.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to see some shots!

Here's a quick phone pic of the most recent prototype test fit on my Blaster Pro! I kinda dig the raw maple. I need to make some very slight adjustments to the model before adding the holes and grip pattern but should have a finished product by the end of the week and will take some higher-res photos.

2017-09-12 21.49.45.jpg

Definitely!

also... if you've got a CNC mill set up to do these, have you considered a run of clear acrylic grips for 'ghost' builds, or solid black acrylic ones for 'Patrolman' versions?

Definitely!

also... if you've got a CNC mill set up to do these, have you considered a run of clear acrylic grips for 'ghost' builds, or solid black acrylic ones for 'Patrolman' versions?

Yes, i've done some test-cuts with acrylic which i need to spend a bit more time dialing in but I definitely want to try out some other materials. I was considering doing separate short runs for different materials depending on how much interest there was in wood versions but I might end up merging them into a single run and offering different materials instead of different finish options. That will just take a bit more time to set up since each material is going to need testing.

Nice, great idea about doing a single run of different material types to choose from! I'm sure lots of people will take several different ones to dress up their blasters differently every day, I know I would ;)

Hey guys! This was put on hold for a little while for Halloween but I will be tackling this early-mid November. The checkering pattern on wood turned out to be really tricky with a CNC machine (it tends to shred the wood) so I am looking at some laser-engraved options for those as well. Instead of a typical run I have decided to do these on a made-to-order basis offering 3-4 material options.

Getting the models and machining just right has been interesting but the results are getting better and better. I'm excited to post some pics of the finished products but in the meantime, here's what trial and error looks like:

kJvIvDcuFHUIYCA4Wo8dgN5lZiK5eC_tgmyHzMZtDCBt0_cvhj_N09b0bCTitInnayXidyl3SI6UUgQ2JAff2WzTa-xuTafC2odarQTO1fh1g1Hk71nRaIiZOs3twBmhOYHKcVCALMOWq4mWV-iiddAVpvV8h12ZJq4btvBFmBBSdpPw3PzaF-IOVORMJtb7wQfNztyMISJyEg8WCIr6V8AYgXSMKLUMK6rZAWlhBUWXh5GilRiu9oO0FFa48NuKsRjauwoxhS3BlGz2fLWZFzy8n15p-Oo9bto8IJm4r3z8NON_Aesq2vM_OkuR1PzHCfM87MLVGdAo2EoDicUAZSKhAhFU4H-AEiL763a7JyYuze_7vu5zpTreeIRmVULP_ucUwG4U31lG00-TKlZ1x2NJ5ZdEWv-qwgcnhFS7rdKCr7e3TNR0-3Kx3UopEYCnNyh0I-SsJ9Ul0f7n1sz1rHIn_Mu4-l1hzTL3PrKwvLhvp8oL2pW7VJ_tpqoz6JYt2gj3Y6Ax6kTCwrH6Lvon864oNczxX2fXLfsTsU31qGyUSHdjYQ-SEx0WVIeTX9JaiHQtjlGT_vGvEZNsXSFPzBGr8dB9ywR1LTYbHt2MI2V9BvQTzsNoURF4mcmxVQjCnWQTd_l-zPRRdF7RjRCbYAhWz6Krwdy8pwo=w1755-h1316-no

1st post updated. I'll be doing some beta-testing to get the fit just right. A few walnut prototypes are available for purchase at 1/2 price.

Thanks guys, I'm really happy with how they're looking as well.

I'm still planning on doing other materials, including the clear acrylic, so stay tuned for that. Wood is definitely more forgiving to work with so that's what i'm starting with. Once I get the shape and fit down to the level of detail i'm after i'll move onto new materials. It's slow going as I don't get as much time in the shop as I would like but it's coming together. Stay tuned!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back