Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien)

Yesterday was a good day!! :)

Had a visit from Bruce Hansing!! What an an Awesome Guy! really positive & uplifting, an absolute pleasure to meet :) & I think he liked Bob :)

I have been busy with Bob the last couple of weeks & I'll post some updates in a little while :)

In the meantime...

Bruce Hansing 01.jpg

:)

Last edited:
Ok, Updates...

981.JPG 982.JPG 983.JPG

It doesn't look like much but I've re-sculpted or re-jigged every tendon, lowered the tube mounts at the back, Re-created the underside of the jaw, re-shaped the chin, altered the top & bottom lips, the cheek tube & the cheeks.

This morning I rebuilt the end of the tongue.

You'll be pleased to know I am now happy with the face & consider it done & almost ready to make moulds :)
I still have some stuff to do but getting that face done is IMO a big relief!

I finally got to meet "Bob" in person yesterday and the sculpt is as good if not better than he looks in Leighs photos.A wonderful sculpt that so many of you have mentioned captures Gigers Alien as a living creature,the mouth /lip area is a triumph and the sculpture as a whole is beautiful not to mention the engineering of the pieces for casting,exquisite and this is without paint!!!!!I.I will help him vac form the dome and if we all keep on at him perhaps Bob will be finished very soon and Leigh might consider releasing a few in the future.
Thanks again for showing him to me Leigh.

Thank you for coming here & I appreciate the help :)
Getting the dome sorted will be a great leap forward & will bring this project MUCH closer to a finish.

Amazing work as always Leigh!!!

I’ve been following your work on Bob for almost 7 years now, and he almost feels like family :) ..and every update on him is a treat.

It seems that the mouth/lips/jaw/chin has been the most re-worked area on him, so far, and every time it just gets better, more accurate, and I really, really like how the whole thing looks now.

I was personally very pleased when you removed parts of the otherwise great jaw behind the tendons, and showed more of the inner mouth and the tongue. And now with the reworked face and everything in place, it’s perfect!..

Sooo excited to see the next update!

With Hansing on board helping out with the dome, and the news that Bob might soon be finished, the excitement just got even crazier. :D

Would love to add a ‘Bob The Alien By Leigh’ to my prop collection one day, if possible. Cause this depiction of Giger’s original Alien overshadows every replica I’ve ever seen so far, in any scale. From Sideshow and HCG to CoolProps and several fanmade ones, your sculpt just beats them all. And I can’t wait to see one painted up, with chromed teeth and accurate colors.. If your painting skills are just half as good as your sculpting skills and eye for detail, it can only be fantastic.

Best of luck with the rest of the project, and thanks for another great update.

Best regards,

Ok, Updates...

View attachment 941420 View attachment 941421 View attachment 941422

It doesn't look like much but I've re-sculpted or re-jigged every tendon, lowered the tube mounts at the back, Re-created the underside of the jaw, re-shaped the chin, altered the top & bottom lips, the cheek tube & the cheeks.

This morning I rebuilt the end of the tongue.

You'll be pleased to know I am now happy with the face & consider it done & almost ready to make moulds :)
I still have some stuff to do but getting that face done is IMO a big relief!

Yesterday was a good day!! :)

Had a visit from Bruce Hansing!! What an an Awesome Guy! really positive & uplifting, an absolute pleasure to meet :) & I think he liked Bob :)

I have been busy with Bob the last couple of weeks & I'll post some updates in a little while :)

In the meantime...

View attachment 941374

Bruce is the best. Wish I could have gotten one of his aliens back in the day.

***** that looks the nuts with the dome on...….I want one ! :)))

I'm quite chuffed! :) I do need to get the plastic to suck right into the undercut somehow though? maybe a row of tiny holes right in the corners of the undercuts?? :unsure: I also want to shave a little off at the front either side, its just a bit too bulbous.

see what you mean about the neck too

I'm much happier with it :) It was worth the extra effort :)

Thanks again for your help Bruce :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back