Bring Back Fringe!

rocketeer25

Sr Member
My 17yr old son and I just spent the last few months binge watching Fringe. We wrapped up the series tonight. Even though some of the universe-hopping, timeline-swinging episodes got hard to follow at times, I'm really going to miss these characters. John Noble's Walter is one of my most favorite characters of all time, regardless of media.

Anyone else a Fringe fan?

I loved the show but as usual FOX didn't what they really had and they had to fight each season to stay on. We were lucky to get even the shortened 5th season as they wanted to cancel it after the 4th season. This is why even though I love The Orville and it seems to be doing good in the ratings I keep expecting to hear that FOX has cancelled it.

My 17yr old son and I just spent the last few months binge watching Fringe. We wrapped up the series tonight. Even though some of the universe-hopping, timeline-swinging episodes got hard to follow at times, I'm really going to miss these characters. John Noble's Walter is one of my most favorite characters of all time, regardless of media.

Anyone else a Fringe fan?

I just bought the series on Bluray! I love this show. This one, Continiuum, and The Sarah Conner Chronicles are among my recent favorites that ended to soon.

This is one of my all time favorite shows. The storylines and twists, cliffhangers (that WTC ending?), the complicated relationships... THE ALTERNATE UNIVERSE. All of it was amazing.

The only thing that makes me sad is that I've heard repeatedly that Anna Torv and Josh Jackson possibly hated each other, which is a major bummer. And I was rather disappointed when they retconned the "The boy must live" storyline to mean someone other than Peter.

I really loved this series (except for the final season which was like a different show entirely)
Incredible performances with some of the best characters - personally I like the earlier episodes before the team knew what was really going on, kinda like the X-Files

I would love to see some new shows set in that period, towards the end of the series they tgey were locked in a story arc which had a resolution, not much room for new stories. I would think some special movies or a mini series like what Babylon 5 did would be wonderful

uh yeah just like they did x-files.... and S.A.A.B. and only FOX would shoot a movie at there own main building in LA and CHARGE themself's to film there... ala DIE HARD... :whistle:

yup yup... I only caught a few episodes on t.v.... (anyone that know's about this series knows why... cough cough fox) Then i bought the box set and binged it..... a HUGE show with great potential thrown away... :( but i do still own the box set :lol:

During the show's run, I told anyone who would listen -- and some who wouldn't -- that they best acting on TV was being done by John Noble. The final season was certainly vastly different, but the characters kept it grounded for me and the final (seen but not heard) exchange between John Noble and Joshua Jackson was just perfect.

For those who watched all the way through -- how do you interpret the very last shot? I'd love to hear what others think of it.

SSB

My only disappointment was Captain Windmark getting killed by being crushed between two cars. My way - Olivia is on her hands and knees looking down. On the ground in front of her is the bullet that killed her daughter (Attached to her necklace still). The lights dim everywhere, car alarms are going off, Captain Windmark looks around confused. She slowly looks up, the bullet and chain slowly, almost serpent like - rising with her gaze, She looks right at Windmark , a viscous grin on her face. He looks...perplexed. Then a flicker and a flash and the bullet and chain are gone. Pan to him, his head snaps back and comes back down, there is a hole right in the middle of his forehead and protruding from the hole is about 4 inchs of chain, the end hitting the tip of his nose. Looking perplexed he reaches up and grabs the chain, and falls flat backwards. Olivia still smiling gets to her feet.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back