Broken Iron Man faceplate :)

Finhead

Sr Member
We were testing out some different materials the other day to see what is the best way to run the faceplates, see if there was a better way. This one didn't make it past the test, split right down the center with "bounce it off the floor" test. :lol So I was messing around tonight, testing out some new paint and thought this might make a good display in a shadow box with lite eyes. Well at least I think it would. :)

IMG_2696.jpg

IMG_2697.jpg

I would like to take all the credit since I am the one who broke it. :lol Right down the middle. I couldn't have cut it that cleanly if I tried.

And yes that Mark II paint is incredible. :love

Actually it's more of a muted chrome look. Trying to get more of the stainless look of the Mark2 rather than the chrome look this paint was designed to do. It's Mirrachrome only had a tiny bit left over from another project. I put the base on a little less glossy and rougher to get less shine and darker tone. ;)

IMG_2700.jpg

Wait, what? What is this Mirrachrome you speak of and why is it I've never heard of it?! That looks amazing!!!

Thanks guys I'll see if I can get it in a shadow box on the weekend. :)

Wait, what? What is this Mirrachrome you speak of and why is it I've never heard of it?! That looks amazing!!!

LOL A few reasons off the top of my head why you wouldn't have heard of it. Your not in the Auto refinishing industry (I own a bodyshop) and or you don't airbrush. ;) It's an expensive paint but there really isn't another product that does what it does as well as it does. If I did this the way it's supposed to go on, which is no problem to do. It would be as close to a chrome finish as you can get. Problem is you really have to use there paint and clear together or the finish will dull down to a polished aluminum rather than chrome.

Alsa Corp | MirraChrome: Pricing and Ordering

I've often wondered about investing in proper automotive paints for mirror and metallic shine. I've never been a fan of painting things, what with all the priming and cleaning and sanding and colour sanding and lacquering. But I think that if it's good enough for cars, it's got to be good enough for props.

A good lick of paint makes everything look more shiny.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back